jtoolin, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

175th and St. Nicholas neighborhood?

Asked by jtoolin, Brooklyn, NY Wed Jan 15, 2014

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/rental/3142081899-Apartment-New-York-N…

Answers

2

Can you elaborate on your question? Are you asking about the location?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 15, 2014
Crime has gone down in most areas in NYC. Washington Heights at one point was bad, but so was the rest on NYC. I just rented an apartment there recently and it feels completely safe (safer than some parts of Brooklyn, I live in Brooklyn) - but that's me. Parking I've heard is a bit of a pain but public transportation is easy. There are different areas of the neighborhood itself. West of Broadway has a lot of pre-war co-ops and rentals, East of Broadway also has a lot of the same, but has a bit more HDFC co-ops. I encourage you to look in both sides of the neighborhood and judge for yourself.

Link to Crime Stats:
http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloads/pdf/crime_statistics/cs034pct.pdf

Hope this helps. If you need further info or are interested in looking for a property with a real estate agent, please contact me via phone or email. I work with renters and first time home buyers in Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens.

Karen Cheung
917.334.9544
kcheung@citihabitats.com
Flag Wed Jan 15, 2014
Hi. I referred to the neighborhood; such as crime, traffic, and so on.
Flag Wed Jan 15, 2014
Area: Washington Heights
Median Price: $500/sqft
Rentals average:$1300-$3250

Hope this helps. But it is true the question is a bit vague.
It is vague ... guess I'm getting worn out by my search and I can't put more thought into it. Can't someone just plop down the perfect place for me?
Flag Wed Jan 15, 2014