Edipaolo, Home Buyer in 10019

looks beautiful, but seems over priced for the lot size. is this typical in sag harbor?

Asked by Edipaolo, 10019 Mon Aug 6, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/1050919443-30-Prospect-Ave-Sa…

Answers

5
On this speciic case, the lot size is not what it makes this property so special. Its located on a walking distance of Sag Harbor Town/Village, on a dead end street, very quiet and private, it has several pre-existing / non conforming assets that are impossible to get permit for at the present time, i.e., the double dock and the proximity to the water among others. Waterfronts are always more expensive properties, I am the listor and owner of this property and can tell you all about it. Contact me if you need further information. Best. Amelia Doggwiler
Hi Edipaolo. I commend you for your interest in buying when the media has instilled fear in consumers. But, I must reassure you that the local Real Estate Market is very active and transactions are taking place everyday!

30 Prospect Ave may be on a .35 acre lot but lot size does not increase or decrease the value of a home as much as people think. In addition, the "listing price" it is only the "asking price." Potential Buyers determine the overall "selling price" and only will buy a home when they "perceive value." On another note, look at the link again, and you will see that it was recently reduced $300k--who knows; it may be reduced another $300k and may end up selling for only $2.9M.

If you would like to see this property, feel free to contact an Agent of your choice, and take a tour. Everything is negotiable!

I hope this answered your question. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you the best of luck,

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Coldwell Banker Residential
Serving Nassau & Suffolk County
Direct:(631)638-6193
Mobile: (631)384-3695
cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!"
First of all this is an historic home right in the center of Sag Harbor Village with a pool (very dificult to get in the Village). It has been renovated beautifully. And it is quite a large home. The Village homes go for a lot of money because there is just a limited supply. That being said, you are looking at an askin price, not a selling price. But, it is being priced by a very experienced broker in our market.
Not at all typical. At 29 Robeson, I have a four bedroom three bath colonial with a heated gunite pool and spa in near mint condition, double garage, full finished basement, properly landscaped half acre, and listed at $1.25M. We have a few waterfronts in the village under $3M on land sizes similar to this one at 30 Prospect. Email me at SimonTheBroker@aol.com for more ideas and guidance...Thanks for posting
Hi Edi
Most down-town properties in Sag are situated similarly - and a lot of people want to be there
On the North fork across shelter island ferries you get more for your money!
Let me know what you are looking for and I would love to help you find it!
Also in NY you can choose a real estate agent who works for you as a buyer rather than for the seller
Any questions let me know!