faridgeorge, Home Buyer in Raleigh, NC

i might be a taking prison job in the raleigh area which niebour hood is close by

Asked by faridgeorge, Raleigh, NC Wed Sep 26, 2012

Answers

5
If you will be working at Butner's Federal Prison, you'll have plenty of choices as well.
The Top Agent in that area is Wallace Peiffer with Coldwell Banker Advantage. I highly recommend you reach out to him. That area is his "back yard." His Cell/Text is 919.302.1215

ScottKorbin.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 29, 2013
Assuming you mean Central Prison, the most obvious neighborhood is Boylan Heights which sits up on the hill behind and to the side of the prison. It's a charming neighborhood with great vibe and close connections to downtown Raleigh. Other neighborhoods within just a few minutes of there would be Cameron Park, Brooklyn/Glenwood, Mordecai, Pilot Mill, Oakwood, and true downtown. A decade ago living downtown wasn't a particularly viable option but now thanks to a dozen or so major condominium projects many are making downtown their home and enjoying walking-distance access to theater, music, festivals, restaurants, and the life of the city.
As the others said, it depends on which prison and what price range you are looking at. Have you spoken to a lender yet? Interest rates took a dip yesterday. Also, are you coming by yourself or do you have a family that will be coming with you? Because Central Prison is close to NC State, there are a lot of rentals as well as some nice neighborhoods. I live in this area and would be glad to discuss the possibilities with you!
Web Reference: http://www.teresahurst.com
Yes, I agree with Venita. Rent first and look around!
Which prison? Central Prison (Men) is west of downtown, near NC State. The Women's Prison is ieast of downtown. It depends on whether you are more interested in proximity or cost.

Either way - you'll want to rent for a minimum of 6 months so that you can browse around. I'd recommend Rennaisance Park.