Bridget Hile, Other/Just Looking in Santa Monica, CA

i am looking for a furniture consignment store that will take my one of a kind hand made funky seating in the

Asked by Bridget Hile, Santa Monica, CA Tue Mar 18, 2008

i make one of a kind chairs, piano benches, stools etc. they are on the funky side, one piece may be painted purple, have five fabrics and a feathered seat, another may be more contemporary, straight lined and formal. I am looking for a consignment store that specializes in one of a kind pieces that is located on melrose, la brea, fairfax, abbot kinney or main street. Someplace that younger artsy people frequent, were it can be appreciated for what it is, very unique and funky. All of my pieces are 100% hand crafted, all of my pieces have been hand sanded, painted and sewn. They are really great. Can someone please direct me to a person or location either for consignment, catalog, flea market or exhibits. I would really appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks Bridget

Answers

3
Monique & Joe Carrabba’s answer
Hey Bridget,

Your furniture sounds fun and funky. Have you tried the Rose Bowl Swap meet? Ebay? Craigs List?
There used to be a ton of consignment shops in LA. None anymore. What I recommend doing is taking photos of your furniture and go in to the shios on La Brea, Melrose, Silverlake, La Cienega and Vence and see if any of those place just want to buy your furnuture. I know they do buy stuff this way as a client of mine just sold his living room set just this way to a show on Melrose.

Monique
Hi Bridget,
Have you thought about North Hollywood, (NOHO), Studio City, Los Feliz, West Hollywood, and Silverlake areas...those are the types of areas that would appreciate your talents. The stores on Los Feliz might be willing to put your chairs in their display windows, even if they dont sell furniture. Another trendy spot might be Larchmont Blvd.
Good Luck,
Lou & Alex
LA Real Estate Group
info@myLARealEstateGroup.com
http://www.myLARealEstateGroup.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 18, 2008
Hi Bridget! You may want to check out 4th Street in Long Beach near Junipero. They definitely have the kind of consignment stores that would work with your motif and style. Wish you all the very best! Keep us all posted. But definitely check out Long Beach, CA ...without a doubt you'll find the clientele and stores to match and sell your unique creations!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 18, 2008