dsmillgn, Home Buyer in Mount Lemmon, AZ

how far is this property from stores, like groceries?

Asked by dsmillgn, Mount Lemmon, AZ Mon Jul 15, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/1095676598-6930-N-Sanders-Rd-…

Answers

9
The nearest grocery store is 2.4 miles from the house. There are other restaurants and stores very near as well.
If it is a Mt. Lemmon property they have their own little country type store, to get to the city and to a regular store, it would take around 45 min.
If you plan to come to Tucson please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to take you to Mt. Lemmon especially if it's during the summer.
Gerry Reisig 520-990-7653
Gerry Reisig 520-990-7653

On any Trulia listing you can scroll down to the "local info" section and then click on the "amenities" tab. This will show you the nearest grocery stores, gas stations, etc. You might have to zoom out to find them on the more rural properties. A very useful tool!

Dawn
All of Picture Rocks has a local hardware and small store as well as two gas stations. The nearest restraunt is at Ryan field about 3 miles away. The nearest shopping is at Continental Ranch, about 6-7 miles over the Tucson Mtn. Park rd. About 20-30 minutes to major shopping area. 10 minutes for quick things at market.
Hi dsmillgn,

As I did when you asked this question about 12703 W Crystal Rose, I will provide you a link to Google Maps.

http://goo.gl/maps/lUNka

You can see that it is 6.4 miles to the Safeway at 9100 N Silverbell. However, you will be traveling on dirt roads, so it will take you 18 minutes to get there. That's an average of 21 MPH on a good day.

In case you didn't see my answer to your question about 12703 W Crystal Rose, I will repeat it here.

One thing you should be very careful about when buying a property like this is to find out whether it is in an incorporated area. There are so-called wildcat subdivisions in Avra Valley, but they really aren't subdivisions at all. There may not be legal access to your property. You may have to go across someone else's property to get to yours, and the right to go to your property may be revoked. If the roads are not paved, find out whether there is a road maintenance agreement. It there isn't, you may not be able to get a mortgage. You may not care about that, but if only cash buyers can buy in the area, the prices will stay low, and your pool of buyers will be small.

Some people buy in wildcat subdivisions only to find out that fire trucks, ambulances and school buses won't or can't travel on the dirt roads. That may mean you will have trouble getting homeowner's insurance. You may also have to wait out a storm when the drainages across the roads are flooded. Don't assume that some government entity is going to grade the road so you can get to or from your house.

The listing states that fire protection is included in the taxes, which would be great, because otherwise you would need to become a member of a private fire company like Rural Metro, if one is available in this area. The buyer should verify which fire company services this address.

Also check the water supply. A shared well might sound like a good idea until the well breaks and the co-owners don't have money to fix it. The water table may drop below the bottom of the well, and then you will be hauling water to your own personal storage tank. According to the listing, this particular property does have access to Avra Valley Water Company. That should be verified by the buyer.

There aren't any sewers out in the desert, and probably never will be. Each property has its own septic tank. Sometimes these tanks were installed without building permits, and without regard for how their use will affect the nearby drinking water wells. Imagine the chaos that can ensue from that.

Many people don't know that by law, the seller of a property in an unincorporated area is required to provide a notarized State of Arizona Affidavit of Disclosure to the buyer. This affidavit would clarify some of the issues regarding road maintenance, etc. Be sure to get one and do lots of research before you buy a property in an unincorporated area.

Best of luck,

Donna Moulton
Associate Broker
Tierra Antigua Realty
http://www.SweetDesertHome.com
Please cost Google Maps or Mapquest.com, they can help you with distances. If you have never been up to Mt Lemon I encourage you to drive up there. It is beautiful & very cool up there this time of year.

Spirit
That house is waaaay out in desert on the West side of the mountains.
As they say, " out in the sticks"

A real grocery store would be probably 15 mins near I-10 and Twin Peaks rd.
Good Afternoon Dsmillgn,

I hope this message finds you doing well. The property seems to be within a mile of the nearest stores.

Do you have any specific questions about the property? Let me know if I may be of service further.

Best of Luck! : )
on the link above, click the tab that says 'search nearby' and type in 'stores.'
Flag Mon Jul 15, 2013