Marja, Home Buyer in Lake Worth, FL

how are the woodland apts., in plympton, I hear it is a senior affordable income housing, do you have any comment on this place?

Asked by Marja, Lake Worth, FL Tue Jul 17, 2012

I want to know if there are supermarkets, a town near by that is fun to go and spend the day, culture in the area, movie theaters, good restaurants, good hospital in the area, how far is the beaches/ocean all near the woodland apts. in plympton,ma

Answers

4
Plympton is 35 miles south of Boston and minutes to Cape Cod. There are many nice restaurants in the are as we are surrounded by the towns of Duxbury, Plymouth, Kingston, Pembroke, Carver, Middleboro and Halifax - al have a couple of good spots. The Independence Mal is close by with movies theaters and indoor shopping as well as Commerce Place in Plymouth with many specialty shops and big box stores such as Wal mart and Best Buy. Duxbury and Plymouth beaches are close by -less than 10 minutes away. Jordan and South Shore Hospitals are also in the area. Culture abounds.
thanks for your helpful information, this has been helpful.
Flag Mon Jul 30, 2012
I am a resident of The Woodlands and have been for a number of years. There is ZERO to do in this burg. If you are not a cranberry farmer or horse owner you will be ostracized. Don't even consider moving here if you don't own a car as there are neither buses, trains nor taxi's available.
On the opposite side of town is the Town House, police and fire stations as well as the tiny post office, town's only traffic light, the only church in town (outsiders are not welcome), a breakfast and lunch cafe (ruled by the farmers), a gas station and a convenience/liquor store. The closest supermarkets and pharmacies are Shaw's in neighboring Carver or Stop & Shop and Hannaford's in Kingston.
The Kingston Collection mall (where there is a Regal Cinema multiplex) is a ways away and is close to the Commerce Place Mall in Plymouth. As to the Services in Plympton--forget-about-it! There is a Council On Aging in name only. They do have a driver who will take you to doctors appointments but that's it. There is NO senior center.
The Woodlands has neither a backup generator nor a flagpole to raise Old Glory. As a veteran I consider this an insult. And remember that this a HUD 202 facility for low-income seniors 62 and over. This means it's US Government facility. Due to a convoluted water system that originates in Kingston there are many fire alarms. During Blizzard Nemo we were without heat or electricity for three days. Most of us lost hundreds of dollars of food each. One frigid, snowy, icy night we each had to leave our apartments and stand in the frigid conditions until the call fire department arrived 20-30 minutes later.
At this point you may be wondering why I don't move. The answer is simple. There is no available affordable housing in this entire region. I've checked. Now, with inoperable cancer in both lungs it's not worth the effort. It may take death to do it but, within a year my years of suffering in this matriarchal, male bashing environment, I will get out.
I hope that I have answered your questions. In short, DO NOT CONSIDER MOVING INTO THE WOODLANDS!
One of the easiest ways to get your answer is to map it online and look for businesses. Many local businesses are labeled. In some cases you can go to street view and see what the area looks like on the ground.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Hello Marja,

Here is some information on The Woodland

38 Affordable Apartments Designated for Seniors
__________________________________________________________

Nestled at the end of a picturesque lane in a quiet, wooded country setting, Woodlands compromises 40 one-bedroom apartments including 2 accessible units and a large, beautiful community space.

Two story building has laundry facilities on each floor and an accessible elevator. The large community space has a full kitchen and a function room for activities and meetings. A Resident Services Coordinator organizes guest speakers, activities and services for the residents.

Woodlands is just a short drive to shopping, groceries, banks, doctors, restaurants, and pharmacies. Twice a week bus transportation to stores is provided.

If you would like me to find out availability for you, just let me know when your anticipated move date is.

Here is a link to everything in and surrounding Plympton:

http://www.americantowns.com/ma/plympton/events

I hope this helps you.

Best wishes,
Lisa Marie