Desiree, Home Buyer in Olympia, WA

hospitals in the area

Asked by Desiree, Olympia, WA Sun Feb 3, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/29409458-5779-N-Harcourt-Dr-C…

Answers

3
As a crohn's patient with a malady of other ails, I've had horrible experience at Kootenai Medical Experience. It wasn't until I spoke with my landlord that I learned he experienced two of his good Friends' death while seeking treatment at KMC. One was a stroke victim who they sent home without treating and who died a few weeks later, another with headaches who they sent home, only to die within two weeks of an aneurism. Another person I know went in for kidney stones and was given pain drugs and sent home. When he asked what to do about the stones, he was told they only prescribe pain pills. In my own experience, the nursing staff were horrid and even went so far as to tell me that I had "better not purposely pee the bed." as I laid there with a broken leg As a crohn's patient, I researched hospitals in the areas in which I was considering and was under the impression KMC was a "World Class" facility based on what people told me. Now I have to move again in order to be closer to an actual "World Class Healthcare Facility". If you have a chronic illness, I suggest you take great care in doing your homework, and whether KMC will be up for the task of treating you.
Was there a specific type of health care resource you were looking for? Many times there are specialists that work near but not at a hospital.
Hello Desiree -

We have a world class hospital here called The Kootenai Medical Center http://www.kootenaihealth.org. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful facility. My parents live in the same area as the property on Harcourt about which you inquired which is really nice as it is so centrally located to shopping, medical and has plenty of walking and biking trails. Please give me a call if you have any additional questions. 208-818-0002. Thank you for your inquiry.