Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI

Where will I find some of the better gourmet grocery stores in Cleveland?

Asked by Maureen Francis, Birmingham MI, Birmingham, MI Fri May 25, 2007

Answers

3
What a great (and yummy) question. There are 36 City named neighborhoods in Cleveland, and you can find at least one mini gourmet market in each of them. I'll name a few: Gallucci's in Midtown has been around forever and is considered THE place to buy anything you need to make an Italian meal. There is Constantino's in the Warehouse District; this was a tremendous anchor to the District which saw a boom in condo life over the past few years. They have fabulous gourmet take out items for lunch, dinner, a sundry of items to take home and cook, and now the apartment dwellers and condo owners have a place to walk to. There is now a Whole Foods in University Heights. I'm partial to Whole Foods. That location is a fabulous place for a Whole Foods. It just opened in March. Lastly, the West Side Market! You can't beat it for any gourmet or ethnic item you desire. They have CIty Roast coffee which can't be beat, they have Judy's Oasis for Mediterranean, they have bakeries, Kim Chee, and the freshest vegetables and fruits, exotic or otherwise. It is the gem of Ohio CIty and IMHO, I saved the best for last. Clevelanders love to eat! lol
Sounds like a wonderful selection no matter where one lives in Cleveland.
Web Reference: http://mibirmingham.com
On the westside, The Lake Road Market in Rocky River is fantastic.