Prfstrkr, Home Buyer in Leesburg, VA

Where to Buy Wood Blinds?

Asked by Prfstrkr, Leesburg, VA Sun Mar 30, 2008

Hi we are trying to put on some wood blinds in our house.

I wanted to just buy the blinds from internet and install myself, but my wife insists buying local so that she could actually see the blinds and would not allow me drill any holes since it's a new house.

We've shopped around in couple places.

Currently Home Depot seems to charge the least amount (around $1300 for 10 windows including labor of $20/window)

Lowe's material price are about the same but their labor charge is more expensive

"Next Day Blind's" seems to have high price tags for material, although they said they would price match any other offer.

We are still waiting for "Budget Blinds" to schedule us a free in-house consultation and estimate. They claim they do not charge installation and have low-price guarantees. Just wondering if anyone have experiences with them or have other places to refer to?

Answers

11
The do have nice wooden blinds in Home Depot. After measuring for some vertical blinds myself for a slider, I would recommend you have them measure and forget about ordering from the internet. Because you can't return them for your own error.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 30, 2009
hello
it is too expensive for 10 windows.
If you buy the wooden blind from China.
just spend 25usd/sqm.
Many forienger buy wooden blind from china to install themself
One of my client recently ordered from Webstyleblinds. When I visited their home they look great!! They came out measured, provided estimates and installed. They were very happy with the service and quality of the blinds!!
Merit Blinds offer a range of cheap wood blinds as well as more expensive wooden ones. If you are considering buying online, take your time by obtaining samples and measuring. Lots of help on measuring available on the site and you can also contact them for additional support.
One of my client recently ordered from Costco. When I visited their home they look great!! They came out measured, provided estimates and installed. They were very happy with the service and quality of the blinds!!

Ritu Desai
Associate Broker
EcoBroker, ABR, ePRO
Samson Properties
Cell - 703-625-4949
Email - info@eNOVAHomes.com
Web Reference: http://www.eNOVAhomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 16, 2010
I have personally used Controlissblinds.co.uk and I think they are great! Experience remote control blinds with user friendly operation, convenient online ordering and easy installation.
I have personally used Next Day Blinds and I think they are great! My kids broke a slat on one and I took it in to the shop and they fixed it at no charge. They often have coupons available. If you buy them in phases, you can use multiple coupons.

Good luck in your search!
We we're in exactly the same position, we were unsure about buying from the internet because we were wanted to view the fabrics before buying but we wanted to save by buying online.

We were recommended http://www.soeasyblinds.co.uk by a friend as they supply free samples before ordering enabling us to match our colour scheme, plus we made a great saving buying online.

We are very happy with our wood blinds and would recommend buying blinds online to anyone.
we bought a couple of wood blinds for the office at http://www.theblindfactory.co.uk after searching round a bit these were a couple of pounds cheaper than the others
Hi Prfstrkr,

I spent a while searching for the perfect blinds for my kitchen, I narrowed my decision down to Venetian or Wooden.

During my research I found a company called 247 blinds.

They specialise in made to measure blinds and have a great choice, so check them out:

wooden blinds

I went with the Wooden blinds....they look great!
If you visit my website, you can a coupon for Lowes that might save you some. It is part of their realtor program. The ad and link is on right side about 1/2 way down the page.

AHomeInRichmond.com

Maybe that will help with your project!
Web Reference: http://AHomeInRichmond.com