gnemetz, Other/Just Looking in Portland, ME

What neighborhood would you recommend for a retired couple who want a condo for summer use, walk to restaurants, shoppinmg?

Asked by gnemetz, Portland, ME Thu Jan 31, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3104187072-64-Vesper-St-Portl…

Answers

6
In addition to Portland, you may want to consider some other urban areas in Maine that fit the criteria of walkability and shopability. For example, I’ve been showing my mom condos in Brunswick. This town offers wide streets with a variety of stores and restaurants, trails for safe walking, arts and entertainment, and an Amtrak train stop. Saco also boasts of these amenities with the added plus of being nearer to the beach. Ogunquit and Kennebunk I would highly recommend as vibrant quaint summer communities offering shops, dining, theater and views, a special setting for a retired couple’s dream home. It would be my pleasure to assist you with your real estate needs. You may reach me at 207-615-6760.
I've lived on the East End of Portland for over 30 years and would be happy to show you around also parts of South Portland are very nice and close to beaches and shops. Please give me a call at 207-318-0860 and we'll make plans to get together. Thanks, John.
Either east end, west end or there are some condos downtown to consider as well. I lived on the east end for years and loved being able to walk everywhere.

I am happy to help anyway I can. Feel free to call or email me anytime.

Doug
207-838-5593

If you want some free buyer reports and neighborhood information visit my website here:
http://www.makemaineyourhome.com/p/free-home-buyer-report.html
The West End is much quieter and has lower density, more single family residential properties. I work and live in this neighborhood and would be happy to show you around. Best to you!

Dina

Dina Skrabalak
Keller Williams
207-553-2669
Most neighborhoods are accessible to downtown if you are near a bus line (and most neighborhoods are). If you want to walk everywhere, you should concentrate on the peninsula or University area. We would need to know specifically what you are after in order to send accurate listings. There are some exciting new projects in the city to discuss. Call anytime 207 712 4796. We live and work in Portland and are eager to assist.
I would suggest either the east end( munjoy hill) or the west end. Give me a call and I will give you info regarding each neighborhood.

2073297544

Patrick Donahue