Xolani Kacela,  in Durham, NC

What is the nearby schools?

Asked by Xolani Kacela, Durham, NC Sun May 5, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3116605322-3012-Cardinal-Lake…

The elementary school is Merrick Moore, the middle school is Neal and the high school is Southern. As Deborah Miller said, there are opportunities to apply for the magnet schools in Durham. Transportaton is provided. My kids went to magnet schools and I loved it.

Sounds like schools will be an important factor in choosing a home. I would suggest going to the Durham Pubilic School Website and search aroound. The website is http://www.dpsnc.net. There is a lot of differences in the schools.

Candy McLain

NC REAL Properties
Schools are Elem: Merrick: Moore; Middle: Neal and High: Southern. None of these are among Durham's better schools.
Good Morning Xolani in Cardinal Lake the assigned school is currently Merrick Moore Elementary, Neal Middle and Southern High School. In Durham in addition you can apply to some wonderful Magnets. My son attended Durham School of the Arts Magnet and he is now a Nuclear Engineer with the US Navy, it was a wonderful choice for him. We also have some Charter Schools that you can apply to for additional choices in education and even some private schools. I also noted in Cardinal lake some great buys on foreclosures and short sales with larger square footage. Let me know if you would like me to show you some of these homes.

Deborah Rigsbee Miller, Real Estate Broker
Coldwell Banker 919-491-2826
This link with allow you to see each school assignment. Don't forget that you can make application to other schools with specialty programs! Good luck.