Tryska, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

Used Appliance Buyers?

Asked by Tryska, Atlanta, GA Wed Oct 27, 2010

Hi Y'all - so i finally own a home now. The sellers left a really good condition stackable washer/dry, but since I have my own set, I don't need it. I have tried putting it on craigslist, but i keep getting scammers, and it makes me very uncomfortable since it is for pickup only. Does anyone know of any legitimate business that trade in thi sort of thing? It has a lot more use in it (it's only 7 years old) so i would prefer not to sell it for scrap - and if i can't find soemone to give me cash for it, I will donate it to ReUse - i sure could use some fixing-up money though. Thanks In Advance for any suggestions.

Answers

8
Hello Tryska,

You could also call some property managers, they have a need for used appliances for their rentals.
Have a great day!
Have you consider a tax write off and donate it ... you won't get that much to been with ... it can help church, family and etc.
Your agent can find you a buyer.
Facebook Marketplace - http://www.facebook.com/marketplace

If you have a large following on Facebook, you can try to sell your items using Facebook Marketplace. Post your items and they will be seen by all of your friends/family.

Hi Tryska,

The Charity donation is a very good choice and you get a good tax deduction.

Good Luck
Rick Payne
Donate the unit to a reputable chairity and tax the tax deduction
google search appliance dealers in your area... many of them will give you about 25% of what it's worth. keep in mind they have to go through it and make sure it works and maybe make some minor repairs.

or... put it on craigslist and make sure you make your email anonymous... you'll get scammers but it's easy to see who those are and don't reply. I have had much luck buying and selling many items on Craigslist from cars to appliances to furniture. The system works if you use it properly.

good luck and congrats on your new home.
If you're looking to sell for $$, advertise and network with friends of an affordable nature. If you find you still can't sell you may consider Habitat for Humanity. They are a fabulous organization and would welcome this. As a Broker Associate I too am in situations where Seller's have left behind items like this. Habitat for Humanity are extremely grateful for all donations related to homes.