Not Applicab…, Other/Just Looking in Santa Claus, IN

RE: Santa Claus IN - Business Wanted!

Asked by Not Applicable, Santa Claus, IN Tue Oct 30, 2007

I am a Realtor trying to bring new business to my town based on Traffic vs. Population. We are home to Holiday World Splashin Safari w/ traffic of 1 million during tourist season. This should be more than enough to sustain a large franchise. Where and How do I find and approach these companies? I know that the opportunity is there but investors look at 'Population' count vs. averaging the tourist traffic. Any direction would be appreciated.

Answers

3
I would also look at the types and kinds of franchise that has a potential in the area. I would also try to contact several franchises to see if they are willing to come to the area. Some will and some wont. After gathering necessary information, I would create an excel workbook to project yearly income (more like budgeted financial statements). Finally, I would approach at small business owners in the area. With your professional background I am sure you will be able to persuade several investors.

I am focusing primarily on restaurants and things that tourists would appreciate having access to. I've talked with our local economic development office but they only seem to offer a commission if I bring a buyer for one of their locations; they don't share information on how to reach potential investors and that's where I am running into a brick wall. I'm making a list of google search terms I can try and am open to anyone else's ideas.
A large franchise of what kind? What type of business are you seeking? Your local county should have an economic developement department that could provide you assistance.
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ