Eva Oliver, Real Estate Pro in Atlanta, GA

Is Old Chamblee is good place to open a retail business?

Asked by Eva Oliver, Atlanta, GA Thu Dec 13, 2007

Answers

2
Old Chamblee could also use more restaurants. Decatur greatly benefited from the opening of cutting edge pubs, cafes and restaurants.
Web Reference: http://englishteam.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
It may be. Open answer to an open question :). Clearly, the usage so far is antiques and restaraunts/art galleries etc. I personally dont think the antique galleries do that well. I think the area could benefit from a big box presence like a Starbucks or specialty retail. There are LOTS of places to rent but very little to purchase. The influx of high earners to the area definitley bodes well for retail. If you look to the west of Peachtree Industrial there are plenty of 700K+ single family homes going up.
The 'Village' going up in Brookhaven will draw a lot of retail and that may help or hurt. My view is that Chamblee is a good stopping point between the outer suburbs and the madness of Buckhead.
Bottom line - if the retail type is a fit then it should work, but I would do a lot of research first.
Cheers
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2007