Beth Green, Home Buyer in San Antonio Road, Au...

I want to buy solid tree trunk pieces to make accent tables for my house. No planks/processed wood which is all I am able to find. Help?

Asked by Beth Green, San Antonio Road, Austin, TX Sat Apr 14, 2012

I don't have a set type of wood it has to be. I just need solid round (round ish, I don't even want it to be perfectly round) wood trunk/stump pieces to strip the bark from, sand down, seal, and put on casters. When I have called and looked on the internet I have only found places that sell planks, flooring, rustic doors, and things of the like they have processed. This is not what I want. I am a DIY person and short of walking onto someone's land with my saw, I am getting discouraged. Any help would be great!!!!

Answers

4
Give me a call.
I can give you instruction for finding exactly what you want.
Be aware, folks expect to be paid for their time and resources so if you do not intend to pay the provider of the wood, I can not help you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 16, 2014
I have a couple of ideas for how you can find trunks or stumps. First of all, you could try calling a lumber yard to see if they have any unprocessed wood. You may have to travel a ways to find a big enough lumber yard. Also, you could try contacting a stump removal company. They may have a way to sell you a stump that they remove. Also, I know that you can buy different kinds of wood carved end tables, so maybe you could find one to refinish and stain to your liking.
http://www.giftsgaloreandmore4u.com/dept-46050
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 19, 2014
i have large black walnut tree has great pattern to it mbezaire1@outlook.com or 226-224-2078 matt
Please stop spamming. You posted the identical question 4 times.

To answer your question: Ask around at your local lumber yards. They'll know the nearby companies that are processing the raw wood into lumber. However, there may not be any. Usually, wood is processed fairly near where it's harvested, then transported to retail outlets. The reason: Transportation costs.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA