Joella Jacob…, Real Estate Pro in Grants Pass, OR

How does an agent get the community information changed about the Wolf Creek area? There are several restaurants, two gas stations, hotel.

Asked by Joella Jacobson, Grants Pass, OR Thu Jul 12, 2012

Trulia is stating that there are no restaurants, gas stations or hotels.

Answers

2
Wolf Creek is a place where people live-most work in other areas, their homes are tucked away off roads that are often gated or say "no trespassing." A great area is under the Wolf Creek zip code, but the main street town has our Post Office, convenience store, school, County Library, Historic Hotel , gas stations and Circle of Wolves store with a building behind where outdoor hats are manufactured for companies such as REI. There is a church, Teen Center, county park and fire station.
The school and Library are very impressive. Sunny Valley and Wolf Creek worked very hard to provide the county's 1st Charter School so their little ones wouldn't have to bus so far-as it is, they're bused in from all the outlying areas . There are over 50 students K-5. Every teacher has an aide and there are special services as well. Most reading is individual and these students are the most avid readers and writers I've ever seen in 25 years of teaching in 3 other states. They also go across the yard to the county library once a week. The library has access to all of Josephine County's other libraries and has computers, CD's DVD's, children's story and craft time once a month and the county's summer reading program. The school uses Singapore Math and has a computer lab each class uses once or more each week.
We moved here 5 years ago searching for a place where we had space, serenity- sounds of birds, crickets and frogs- (no traffic sounds and sirens!) natural beauty, clean air and a babbling creek running through our property, We like to garden ,fish, hunt, hike and gather our large family on our huge yard in the shade of big trees and have a campfire and make some-mores when fire season isn't on. We've had a variety of animals and planted lots of things on our once barren acreage . The space to create our own landscape and have fruits and vegetables for the grandkids to help harvest is a great thing for us-they also enjoy finding flakes of gold in the creek!
Everyplace I've lived, it's taken me 30 min. to get to where I'm going in town-so the commute isn't that big of a deal-all our teachers come from Grants Pass and beyond. We're right next to I-5 so the road is usually good-because we're 31/2 miles from it, I use studded tires in winter. We usually have one snowstorm that lasts less than a week. We love where we live and couldn't have touched it anywhere else for the price. We've never had any problem being bothered . I take a can of wasp spray on my walks-just in case, but I've never needed to use it.
We've loved it here and regret that we need to put our place on the market due to ill health. We've lived all over the US-including Alaska and Hawaii and THIS is our favorite place ever!
Gold and Silver Medals were brought home for the District Science Fair by 3 of our 3-5 graders and 1 student got 3rd place over all the 138 entries-quite impressive! We have BLM land on 3 sides of us-people trailer their horses and ride all over the public roads--they also stock 2 fish ponds 2 miles up from the end of Speaker Road.
Flag Sun Mar 3, 2013
TheTrulia customer service is great. I am sure they would help you. Customer Service: (888) 466-3501 Wolf Creek Inn is wonderful. It is a very romantic get away with wonderful food.