Trulia, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco, CA

Favorite beaches in Naples?

Asked by Trulia, San Francisco, CA Fri Oct 12, 2012

My favorite beach is Clam Pass (when it isn't in season of course because otherwise parking is non-existent and the wait for the trolley can take forever).

Which beaches do you love and why?

Answers

16
I love Vanderbilt Beach because it is beautiful (like all of them). It is easy to park, there is a clean well maintained bathroom and there are some stores and restaurants within walking distance if you forgot anything or just want to sit for a sand less meal. :)
Delenor-Wiggins Pass is a great beach! It is a State Park! There are trails, grills with picnic tables, a wide, beautiful beach, lots of wildlife and snokeling. There is also a boat ramp you can launch your sea doos, kayaks and canoes at. The park is located on Wiggins Pass, which makes it a great beach to fish and watch boats go in and out of the gulf.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 18, 2012
I like Clam Pass when spending the day with family. We get there by 10AM so parking is not an issue and we stay the whole day with umbrellas and lots of sun screen. Great place for the kids to float with rafts or good place to kayak and paddle board.

For sunset and a drink...love the Beach Club. Valet parking and the bar will stamp your ticket so it just cost a tip. You can lay out on the beach or enjoy the sunset from the bar.

Bonita Beach when meeting friends in the middle. Lee/Collier line...so people with Bonita permit are in the lot on the north side and people with Collier permits are on the south side and everybody is happy.

Naples resident since 1977...been to all areas...not a bad spot anywhere! :-

Cat Foster
Realtor since 1994
239-895-2560
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 16, 2012
I love the Pelican Bay Beach - of course you have to live in Pelican Bay to use it & the restaurants, bars, etc. They provide chairs, umbrellas, cabanas, showers. The beach is usually wide & sandy.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 12, 2012
Pelican Bay because of the amenities, private access, public beach. Trams take people to the beach or walk. Have to live in PB to use....KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601...(3/12)
I like either Clam Pass or Delenor-Wiggins Pass. It's hard to pick one as all are usually well kept.
Plenty of parking most of the time at the State Park - Delenor-Wiggins.
All the beaches in Naples are great, depending on what you are looking for we have it. From remote to populated you should try them all to find out which is your spot in paradise
Answered on 10/13; still the same!
Pelican Bay, because I use it and the umbrellas and chairs are part of the package. For fireworks on the 4th of July Lowdermilk because you can park close by if early enough and get a wonderful view of the works. The are approximately 12 miles of beaches in Naples. KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext. 601...(10/13)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
After 46 years as a Naples resident, my vote would be Lowdermilk Park near Naples Beach Club....great parking, picnic tables, volley ball courts, beautifully grassed areas, ducks mingle in the park, pravillon for restrooms, showers to leave the precious white sand where it belongs, and the most beautiful sunsets in the whole world....Actually, the 17 miles of Naples Beach front, is ALL beautiful, clean & inviting for long daily walks.....my wish is for everyone to visit Naples beaches at least once in their lifetime to experience a serene magical moment.

Linda Sue Granata, Realtor
Resident since 1967
We grew up camping out at clams pass on the weekends, believe it or not. Fishing, shelling and lying on the beach at night waiting for turtle to come up and lay their eggs.

Although the entire stretch of white sand from Wiggins Pass to Gordon's Pass is all gorgeous, We Prefer the Moorings Private Beach. Residents there have use of the shady park & picnic areas,restrooms and shower facilities and private parking so you never have to vie for a parking spot. Also, just a short walk to the beach club for a drink or Naples Pier.
I'm partial to vanderbilt Beach naturally :)
Steve Moller
Vanderbilt - Realtors
I prefer the public beach access near the entrance of Naples Cay. It is a little bit of a walk but once you get to the beach there is usually not many people around. You can also fish around the rocks or watch someone else catch a fish.

Dustin Beard
So many choices, so little time. I too love Clam Pass, but I also love Vanderbilt and Naples beaches. When I have maybe only an hour or so that I can get away to get a glimpse of beach, I love to go to the Turtle Club or the Ritz Carlton for lunch and sit out on the beach - particularly the Turtle Club. The parking garage (where you can normally find a parking place) makes it convenient, as well as a great place for fun in the sun.

I also love Naples beach at the Pier and also at Naples Golf & Beach Club. Powdery sugar sand beaches both there and Vanderbilt, plus you don't have to pack the entire house if you want to just go grab lunch while you're there when you go for the day.

Further North is Barefoot Beach which is another a favorite. I love the natural look of Barefoot and being somewhat off the beaten path.

We are so blessed to have all of this at our fingertips. Hope you make it at yours, as well!
Barefoot Beach... Before you turn into Vanderbilt Beach take a left at the light----a beautiful drive through waterfront properties and condos.........in the winter there are kayak tours and nature walks...
Web Reference: http://www.maryhoresco.com
Park Shore Beach is our favorite because the developer added large green-space areas among the luxury high rise towers. We really have found nothing like it. We also like the 1.5 mile night-lighted waay which allows for the evening sunset stroll. We just listed a luxury 16th floor penthouse which is live on Trulia. The photos are breathtaking.
Beautiful listing, do you need an Open House host that is what I do?
Flag Sat Oct 20, 2012