Pat31146, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Any thoughts about living in the condos at 1100 W Montrose?

Asked by Pat31146, Chicago, IL Fri Feb 28, 2014

Management co., safety, walking to Wilson Red Line, etc.

Answers

11
Property has a high owner occupancy rate and the Wilson Red Line is getting a makeover.

As per crime take a look here:
http://gis.chicagopolice.org/
Web Reference: http://www.BJDHOMES.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 7, 2014
As a long time Uptown resident (18 years) Uptown has seen its ups and downs. Personally I feel Uptown is on a good upswing. As Stephen pointed out the Wilson El is finally going to be renovated. Also notable within Chicago we have no Sonics. Well Sonic is going in on Wilson and Kenmore, you have an amazing bakery called Nosh (upscale) and hopefully a new high end rental complex should be approved on Clarendon and Montrose. That will have a big positive impact on values. so there is my two cents.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 1, 2014
I can't speak to this building but I just sold a unit nearby. The area is under a metamorphosis. The Wilson El stop is slated for a multi-million dollar makeover this spring and the Uptown Theater at Lawrence appears to have secured almost $70M dollars in financing for a massive renovation, multi-reuse of the space(s). The crime statistics for this area are readily available for you to research and as someone else suggested, it is always best that you speak with people who live in the building and neighborhood to get a sense of safety. From an investment point of view however, this area of Chicago, which has had starts and stops, seems now poised to secure itself as a solid and thriving neighborhood.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 1, 2014
Had a buyer purchase the Southeast Penthouse unit there last year; she is very happy so far from all I have heard. Uptown has been hit harder than most (North on the Lakefront) and it is beginning to recover. Like any building there are maintenance 'things' but it looked like they were being addressed as well as could be expected. Some of the most amazing views over the tree tops. You get a lot of lux for the money right now.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 1, 2014
Very good condos and a lot of condos in the same area ...great for summer to walk to montrose beach with a dog and fly power kites
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 28, 2014
Hey Pat,

Just so happens one of my buyers is under contract for a unit in the building and it's a great building all around. Well managed, very high owner occupancy (95% owner occupied and only 5 units can be rented at a time). Good reserves and they've taken care of a few big projects recently one of which being sealing of the concrete block on the building. Great views on the south side of the building and you're super close to public transit, grocery options, the lake and more. Two other great things about this building is that the units here are larger and have better layouts than most places in the neighborhood and the neighborhood is seeing a lot of development as prices in the neighborhood are more affordable meaning more people have their eye on this location. This all helps when you look at your place in how it works for you now but also in the future when it comes time to resell or rent your home. It's an investment after all.

If you're not working with a Realtor yet and would like me to schedule a showing(s) reach out via email or my cell and we'll go from there!

Jeff Stewart
REALTORĀ®, @properties
3101 N. Greenview Avenue | Chicago, IL 60657
309-269-3499 CELL | 773-305-0480 FAX
jeffstewart@atproperties.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 28, 2014
Uptown has lots of activity. They are going to do the Wilson stop over and there is a mad dash to buy there right now. Feel free to call me and we can discuss details. As for that particular building, there are a few great units and mostly generic "others". There are so many excellent Buildings in the neighborhood that I hardly notice it.
Web Reference: http://Www.markmalave.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 28, 2014
I've shown units in there. Newer construction units, I feel they are laid out well and my clients have found them attractive. There is only one property listed as actively for sale on the MLS at that address though.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 28, 2014
email me at jmichaels@remax.net and I can give you information on the building
You could have bought them for almost half price 2-4 yrs ago. Contact the police dept for crime stats or speak with friends/family/coworkers for their impressions.
I am very interested. Are dogs allowed and what is the price?