Rockin', Other/Just Looking in Sugar Land, TX

Aliana and Telfair master-planned communities in Richmond / Sugar Land, TX

Asked by Rockin', Sugar Land, TX Mon Oct 26, 2009

Hello - we live between these two communities, and know they have several homes already (especially Telfair) and open land set aside for large amounts of retail and commercial space. However, we have been waiting and waiting for over a year for any of this retail to be built and open. Telfair has no plans for a grocery, but Aliana has plans for a very large HEB. I'm told this is all slow to develop because of the economy or lending situation. However, all of us residents are tired of driving 5 miles minimum for anything. Does anyone have any idea when the lending situation when be relaxed, and we can finally get some retail and commercial around here. I know there's got to be a market for it...

Answers

1
Marta Mohan’s answer
Although our economy here in the area is doing well as compared to the rest of the States, the lending situation is affecting us now and will continue to do so for quite a while, in my opinion. Basically, there is no money to lend for businesses to grow. Businesses are ready to grow but unless they have the cash they cannot move forward. Even the most educated economists in our country have differing opinions on when this particular situation will change. I will continue to research and post any new develpments in the area.