Schools in Garden City>Question Details

Fred, Home Buyer in Garden City, NY

which school is better st. joseph's or st. anne's in garden city ny

Asked by Fred, Garden City, NY Sun May 11, 2008

Answers

6
I had a terrible experience at St Annes in which myself and another parent pulled our child out mid year. There was no supervision in this class and the teacher sent 5 year old kids to the bathroom unsupervised in the hallway. My 5 year old daughter told me about another incident involviing a boy in their classroom who would do very inappropriate things. We had meetings with the principle who quote said boys will be boys!! I asked to switch my daughter to the other class and he refused. Another parent involved the pollice and a lawyer and surprise was able to switch her daughter. By that point I just wanted to get her out of that environment. There is a lot more to this story but dont feel right exposing it on this site. I just wanted to state my opinion. So, in conclusion maybe look into St.Joseph School. I have heard good things about it recently.
st.annes school in garden city, its a great school with excellent staff and teachers
St. Joseph School is a great school! It has more sports and clubs than St. Annes and has an AMAZING principal. I'm not sure where "Anonymous" got their information about the principal, bout for your information she was sent to save the school from closing because she is one of the best principals in the Dioceses of Rockville Centre. St. Joseph's teachers also have a great morale and are extremely hard working and caring. Next year St. Joseph will also be getting electives for its students every friday afternoon, which is practically unheard of from a catholic grammar school. St. Joseph also has full day early childhood program. Finally SJS is a true school family, and all the families help one another and care for each other. ITS A GREAT SCHOOL!!!
St. Anne's.. no question.Two of my children attend St Josephs in GC and it is awful. I have been trying to convince them all summer to go to St Annes. The principal at St. Josephs is terrible. Several parents have actually voiced speculation that she was sent to St Joseph's to close the school. The morale of the teachers is low and several teachers have actually described working there as working in a hostile environment. The enrollment is declining.... and the children, for the most part, are not being taught in a Christ-like environment. That's normally a BIG part of why we chose to send our children to Catholic school.
I went to St Annes and graduated 8th grade in 1960 :). FYI Rudi Guilani also went there :) Now in California but had to answer.
Fred, I doubt you will get a real estate professional to answer your question and provide the information you're interested in. There would be too much liability for the wrong answer.

I suggest you post this question in New York, not Michigan. Trulia needs to correct this problem.

I also suggest this website which may provide the information you're looking for http://schoolmatters.com Just like purchasing a home, you really need to take the tour before committing to either school. The Arch Diocese may have plans to close one or the other, so I would also check the long term plans for each school.