Schools in Edmond>Question Details

Tonya, Other/Just Looking in Edmond, OK

which high school offers drivers education, is it sante fe?

Asked by Tonya, Edmond, OK Sun Mar 22, 2009

This question is about Edmond Santa Fe High School:…

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Edmond

I have just gone through this with my daughter who attends an Edmond high school. Drivers Ed is provided at a cost during summer school only. We used Merkley's in Edmond. We have been very happy with the results and look forward to her taking the final test next month. Mekley's even picks them up and takes them to the testing facility!

Kristyn Grewell
CENTURY 21 Goodyear Green
Ryan is right. Most public schools no longer offer Driver's Ed during the school year however, some do during summer break.

I've listed a couple other schools in Edmond (and the costs) that offer Driver's Ed course.
Alert Driving School, Edmond, 359-0700 Cost $300
Edmond Driving Academy, 359-8655 Cost $240
It's my understanding that all of the drivers education is now done through private companies, and the highschools have no part in it anymore. The one I see around here most is Merkley's. I'm providing a link to thier website. Hope this helps.
Web Reference:
When I went to high school, the offered drivers ed throughout the entire year, as well as summer. I had no clue they were doing this. That's really interesting!
Flag Mon Nov 17, 2014