Schools in Bedford>Question Details

Stephanie Sp…, Home Buyer in Bedford Co.

what options do i have of sending my child to a school that is better suited for her disability,?

Asked by Stephanie Spinner, Bedford Co. Mon Nov 3, 2008

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Bedford

Answers

4
MY SON GRADUATED FROM LDBELL AND WENT ALL 12YRS IN HEB AND IS DISABLED AND I GOT TO MEET WITH SCHOOL OFFICIALS AND HAVE HIS SCHOOL CHANGED ON 2 DIFF OCCASIONS DURING ELEMENTARY SCHOOL GO TO THE ARD COMMITEE IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR CHILDS SCHOOL AND REQUEST A CHANGE
in the HEB school district you cant do transfers to other schools.
Hi Stephanie, I would suggest calling each individual school in the location you are interested in buying a home in, and specifically find out what they can offer to assist your daughter, and what kind of programs they can provide. Picking up the phone and just talking with these administrators might be the best thing to do first. thanks for the question, Michaelle
The best thing to do is check with the school system and also check with your social worker. They'll have the best knowledge and resources available to help you make a good decision. You might also see if there is a network of moms or parents of children with the same disability in the area. They will more likely know all the options and resources available.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX