Schools in Upper East Side>Question Details

Murte, Home Buyer in Upper East Side, New...

we are a French family looking for a town home in this area, we have been told that the place is very quiet and secure and a bit "old" for raising a

Asked by Murte, Upper East Side, New York, NY Sat May 28, 2011

family with small kids and a ten of 16? we are looking to be not to far from the 5th avenue and central park.

Answers

12
Bonjour Murte,
Je suis agent immobilier specialisee dans les familles francaises qui s'installent a New York. Je travaille avec Douglas Elliman, une des meilleures agences immobilieres de la ville. Nous sommes a Manhattan depuis 17 ans et y avons eleve nos 5 enfants qui sont tous alles au Lycee Francais.
Vous pouvez me contacter a joelle.larroche@elliman.com et je serai enchantee de vous expliquer tout ce qui vous interesse et si vous le souhaitez de vous assister dans la recherche de votre logement Upper East Side.
Meilleures salutations,
Joelle Larroche
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 4, 2013
I think that the UES is a lovely place to raise a family. Particularly with your children's age group. There is so much culture they will enjoy and of course the park and schools. Email me and I can refer you to some fantastic agents there.

nicole@realty-guild.com

Cordially,
Nicole
Dear Murte,
The area around Central Park from the 60's to the 90's can be quite different - in the 60's it is still a bit busy being closer to the midtown office area . The 70's and low 80's are quite residential but Madison is still bustling with hi-end boutiques and restaurants. The mid 80's to mid 90's are more residential with smaller more charming shops and restaurants on Madison . What might also be helpful in making yoyur decision is where your children are going to be attending school.
Please contact me if I can be of help. I have sold apartments in many buildings in that area including 1050 Park, 1185 Park, 1040 Fifth & 860Fifth to name a few. I have been selling property in Manhattan for 33 years.
I grew up and attended school in this neighborhood as did my daughter so I can answer all your questions about the area as well as some questions you may have about schools, after school activities and the like.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Fern Hammond
Hi Murte,
You will find almost as many opinions as the people you ask. Your best bet is to listen to them all....then get into the neighborhood as a family early in the morning and walk around...then lunchtime, mid afternoon, early evening, and yes, even grab a late dinner say 10 pm or later and develop an opinion for you and your family. I think this method will also help your family feel a full partner in the decision, which certainly is important for the 16 year old now, but will also, I am sure, help your ten year old adjust smoothly to the move!
Very Best Wishes on your search. Should you need help getting pre-qualified for your mortgage, do not hesitate to call upon me and American Bank!
Jim, 703 615 4675
Murte,
Every neighborhood has a slightly different feel and honestly, it is very subjective. Are you planning a visit soon? You will be able to have a better sense of neighborhoods by wandering around yourself and soaking it in. There are also some very good websites for researching schools in advance.
What is most important is to work with a skillled, experienced agent. A purchase of any home is a big endeavor, and when you are talking about townhouses in NYC, a big expense. It would be critical to deal with an experienced, skilled agent to guide you through the process. As a townhouse owner myself, I can tell you that there are many factors to consider that might not be readily apparant. The sellers have agents, and you should absolutely have ones as well to level the playing field.

Hope this helps.

Jenet Levy
Halstead Property, LLC
jlevy@halstead.com
212 381-4268
http://jenetlevy.halstead.com for every NYC listing
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 28, 2011
Hello Murte,

I suggest walking around the neighborhood with you children and come to a collective agreement as a family if you all like it, or think it is a bit too sedentary for your lifestyles. If you are Parisienne, it is like living in the 8eme /16eme Arr. pres de Georges V. Soho and the W. Village will be like living in the Quartier Latin. It will depend on which sort of lifestyle you and your family are looking for.

You have the opportunity to search approximately 20,000 exclusive listings, representing the entire database of residential listings available through the membership of the Real Estate Board of New York (REBNY) on my website. There you will find townhouses, apartments, lofts, etc with all the building, tax information, floor plans and all other pertinent information that you will need to know when contemplating a purchase.

Notre equipe parler francais!

Jennifer A. Chiongbian
SVP/ Associate Broker
Rutenberg Realty NYC
Keep in mind that opinions are often subjective, what may be good for one is not necessarily the case for another...
Dear Murte,

There is no area in New York City too "old" for raising a family. The city is just too dynamic. If you are near Central Park, both kids and parents have access to a beautiful resource, with Fifth Avenue running it's Eastern length. Of course Fifth Avenue has it's own flavor and, rightfully, is considered prestigious. Still if you lived on the West Side, it's just a walk in the Park to Fifth Avenue! Like the Upper East Side, it's also very pleasant; and you"ll have more houses for consideration during your search. The West Side also has River Side Park. I believe it is equally as beautiful as Central Park, being on the Hudson, and it stretches from 72nd to 158th street.

If I can be of assistance, please contact me. I've been in Real Estate Brokerage for over 20 years and I love the city.

Peter Howard, Associate Broker
Charles Rutenberg, LLC
127 East 56th Street, The Fourth Floor
New York NY, 10022

917-414-5093
phoward@rutenbergrealtyny.com
Bon Jour Murte!

I actually live in a single family brownstone and am very familiar with townhouses in NYC since I've looked at most of them when deciding which one to buy.

I'm also a broker and am happy to help you with your search. I can be reached via email at saggarwal@townrealestate.com or via SMS/phone at my mobile 917.215.5920.

Simran
Hello Murte,

I have an off market listing town house. The property is newly constructed and is available for rent or for sale. I will include a link to the property below. A full description of the town house as well as pictures will be in the site provided. Please let me know if you have any questions about the property or would like a personal tour, pleae do not hesitate to ask. I look forward to hearing form you.

Paul Macapagal
V.P. Associate Broker
MNS
917 612 2746
pgm@mns.com
Web Reference: http://beekmantownhouse.com
I work mainly on the Upper Eastside and could easily find a Townhouse or Brownstone for you to rent or buy. Plese feel free to email or call!! What is your time table on this move?
You can read more about me at...TOP AGENT GUIDE.
Christopher Stokes Moseley
Senior Vice President
Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker
RUTENBERG REALTY
212-203-8722 blackberry
Cmoseley@rutenbergrealtyny.com
MoseleyPrivateBrokerage@gmail.com
There are many families with children of all ages on the Upper Eastside. Also many fine schools, a bit"old" might mean established whcih is one of the reasons families choose the Upper East side in the first place. If you would like help in your search I would be happy to help you. If your desire is to be close to Central Park you might also like to look on the Upper Westside.

Will you be purchasing or renting? There are some different requirements for non US citizens in obtaining financing. My firm has worked with many foreign nationals all over Manhattan. Please feel to contact me.

Klara Madlin
Klara Madlin Real Estate,Inc.
212 580 3180 x 200
klaramadlin@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.klaramadlin.com