Schools in Minneapolis>Question Details

stephanicova, Home Buyer in Brooklyn Park, MN

palmer lake elementry

Asked by stephanicova, Brooklyn Park, MN Sat Feb 2, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/1034637157-8249-Newton-Ave-N-…

Answers

3
O boy Brooklyn Park is my specialty and Splits are my backyard. This price point is getting beat up right now pretty badly, so if you are thinking about buying you need to be able to act fast on these houses. They tend to be gone in 2 weeks or less. This one took 12 days.

That means you need to have:

1) Pre-approval from a loan officer. I would suggest trying conventional if you can, because it will help you greatly at this price point. BP has maybe the best DP program around so I may check that out if I were you.

2) A Buyer's agent- We get paid by the seller so it won't cost you anything to work with us, and quite frankly you will need a Realtor when that time comes anyways.

3) The real-time property search- This is the #1 reason why it is good to get hooked up with a Realtor even if you don't plan on buying for awhile. Sometimes I think buyers just believe we are only used at the very end of the transaction but that is not true. Besides getting you on the MLS (so you can get notified of properties like this within minutes of them coming online) we know the best loan officers around for your loan needs.

I think back to when I was looking at homes online and boy was it frustrating! The MLS is a godsend, and it should not shock anyone that Realtors have the best website (it is kinda our job). Save yourself some time and get hooked up with one of us now rather than later. There is a lot of market info I think you would find valuable for Brooklyn Park.

I confess that although I am pretty strong for this city the school district information is not my forte. Therefore if you are going to think about anyone go with Liz Fuller. She helped me with a listing last summer over there and still lives in the area. If you want someone that understands the city and can be a resource to you then I would roll with Liz every time.

Good Luck and Happy House Hunting!

~Chris
Your professional Realtor should provide you with all pertinent information including schools. You can look online for school information. There are numerous sites that provide this information. As a Realtor I have taken clients on school visits to check facilities and speak with administrators, teachers, etc. The house you are asking about is pending, meaning an offer has been accepted. Please call or email and I will send a list of homes available in your market area.
Web Reference: http://www.mywra.net
School statistics and information are available online. I have many neighbors and friends with children and children of family members enrolled in this district. Go to the MN schools website, put in the name of the school and you will be able to hone in on the information pertinent to you. Liz Fuller, 612-986-4105

PS I am surprised your agent didn't get this for you. Oh, wait a minute. Maybe you don't have an agent. If so consider getting one. He or she is your best friend in the real estate world and being licensed in MN means he or she abides by one of the strictest codes of ethics. You may be unaware of it, but real estate was one of the first professions to develop such codes and ethical standards. In fact, many other professions including medicine and law took a page from the realtor's documents when developing their codes....