Schools in Arlington>Question Details

dionnesaih, Renter in Hurst, TX

looking to relocate to the Arlington/Mansfield/Grand Prairie area within the next 6-9 months

Asked by dionnesaih, Hurst, TX Sat Aug 11, 2012

I am looking to relocate to the Arlington/Mansfield/Grand Prairie area within the next 6-9 months can anyone tell me which High Schools are excellent in academics and sports?

Answers

5
Check out the schools carefully because the cities do not align with the school districts. The arlington school district extends into Grand Prairie. The Mansfield school district extends into Arlington and Grand Prairie and the Kennedale school district also goes into Arlington.
Check this out:
( 2012) Mansfield has caught the eye of Money Magazine again, being ranked in the Top 100 Best Places to Live for the third time. The city is No. 28 this year on the magazine's list of best small cities -- populations between 50,000 and 300,000 -- based on job opportunities, schools, crime rate, housing costs and quality of life.

"I think it's great for the city to be recognized," Mayor David Cook said. "It's evidence of the city working together and the council's use of hotel-motel tax working with the festivals."

Money Magazine noted the town's community feel, location, growing tourism and schools.

"One of the fastest-growing cities in the nation, Mansfield boasts an increasing number of jobs, a prime location about half an hour from Dallas/Fort Worth, affordable homes, and strong schools," the article, in the September issue, states.

"Meanwhile, its city-owned water park and Big League Dreams baseball complex are drawing in tourist dollars. New schools are being built [Mansfield's sixth high school is opening]. City spokespeople say they aim to preserve a small-town feel, but that might be hard: 50 percent of the land in Mansfield is still underdeveloped, so more growth is on the horizon."

Carmel, Ind., a suburb of Indianapolis, topped the 2012 list. Other Texas cities in top 50 are: McKinney, No. 2; Allen, No. 13; Flower Mound, No. 32; and Pflugerville, No. 41.

Mansfield was No. 24 on the magazine's list in 2009 and No. 83 in 2007.

In 2011, the magazine focused on towns with populations between 8,500 and 50,000, making Mansfield, population about 59,000, ineligible.
For more on the article, go online to money.cnn.com.

check out the school district website http://www.mansfieldisd.org This year (2012) all high school students are being given I-pads to use in class and for assignments. Mansfield has 6 high schools and several have won state championships in sports. Good luck with your move
The ON:LY high school you probably want for your child/children is Martin High School in SW Arlington. The other school with the exception of Legacy High School in Mansfield which is a new school have serious problems. Timberview is known for violence and has been shut down with students that have guns on campus. That is the school in the Arlington Grand Prairie area as far as high schools. Any of the the school that feed into Martin High School are really good. My daughter attended Boles Jr. High and it is excellent. Corey Elementary is the elementary feeder school for Martin or at least one of them. Martin does not accept transfers because everyone wants to go there and so it is very difficult to get in if you don't reside within the boundaries. Look online that the test's results for schools. Crime rates for the area's which are under the City of Arlington Police Department statistics. Good luck.
Against professional code of ethics to discuss which is better area(s) . However as buyers agent for many of my clients I have library of info. assist any family in making a long term decision on right community .

Are you looking to purchase or lease?

Direct link Tarrant County homes for sale
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5130258

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Good to have you! My company, Better Homes and Gardens RE, are relocation experts and work with some of the largest companies in the world. You do not have to have a company relocation package to benefit. Contact me and I will mail you a relocation information packet about our area. yIn the meantime, you can search the web for school ratings for Arlington or Mansfield or Grand Prairie.. My contact information is below.

connie@conniehall.net
www. ConnieHall.Net
Cell 817 673-1224
Better HOmes and Gardens Real Estate-Winans and Associates
4604 Park Springs Blvd Ste 100
Arlington, TX 76017
This probably doesn't answer your question exactly, but maybe it will give you some help and guidance.

http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/micompare/zip/75052/co…
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX