Schools in 96740>Question Details

Warren, Home Buyer in Kailua Kona, HI

is there upscale restaurants nearby?

Asked by Warren, Kailua Kona, HI Thu Sep 13, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 96740

Answers

4
Absolutely! Our newest fine dining establishment, Anthony's by the Sea is located on ocean-front right on the famous Alii Drive near white sands beach. I had dinner there a few weeks ago, and the experience was fabulous.

Another choice is Sam Choy's Kai Lani, offering spectacular sunset dining, perched high above the Keauhou shopping center. They have a great selection of fresh fish dishes, as well as great wines to choose from.

If you want to take a drive up north, Roys at Waikoloa Beach Resort offers exquisite Pacific fusion cuisine. Don't forget the chocolate mousse!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Oh plez.... we have fabulous restaurants here! What we lack in mainland fine cuisine, we make up for in atmosphere! It's not all about the food. It's about the dining EXPERIENCE. And nothing beats dinner by the ocean, in the balmy air, watching the sunset through the swaying palms... even if it's taking your favorite fastfood to the beach!!
Hi Warren,
Not Really. I grew up on the east coast and got used to some very good eating establishments there. Eating out was one of my favorite things to do. I've lived here the past 16 years, we've had some hopefuls over time but nothing that stands out. My mind set had to change. I cook a great deal at home now to get the quality and food I like. We do have excellent local ingredients.

Check out: http://www.KonaKau.com when you have time. My wife and I will be posting reviews of the Restaurants we visit on our website soon....

Some places we visit now...
Breakfast/Lunch - Fish Hopper - Across from Pier
Lunch - Sushi Shiono - Cocoanut Grove Shopping Center (Good Quality, Atmosphere Lacking)
Dinner - Huggos (The Restaurant - NOT "Huggos On The Rocks")??? - On Alii Drive (Had a few very good meals there and a bad one).

Hope this info helps.
Aloha,
Tom Edwards
Kona Kau Realty
Phone: (808) 937-6534
Email: t3@aloha.net
http://www.KonaKau.com
Hi Warren, upscale restaurants located in North Kona and south Kohala and Waimea. What are you looking for?