Schools in Great Uptown>Question Details

piratelove_1…, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

is the maintenance fee for 6415 ella lee ln really $653 a month?? If so, why? and is there any way around it?

Asked by piratelove_1977, Houston, TX Tue Jan 22, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3101021822-6415-Ella-Lee-Ln-H…

Answers

3
Yes ... and no. The $653 maintenance fee includes ... Electric, Exterior Building, Insurance Common Area, Water and Sewer ... according to the listing. Many older condominiums have single electric and water meters, so the cost is built into the fee. It's not an unusually high charge, given both the age of the complex (the older it is, the greater the maintenance required) and the inclusion of utilities. Not only is there no way around it, the association can foreclose on the unit for non-payment.

If I can provide any additional information, or if you'd like to look for other units, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 22, 2013
This is a great deal for the area. Especially if the pictures on MLS are current. You would spend $1200.oo per month minimum to lease this one. Great investment, I am sure the offers on this one are cash. Considering the utilties that are being paid, the maintainance fee is not bad at all.
There is no way around the maintainance fees. They are collected to pay for Electric, Exterior Building, Insurance Common Area, Water and Sewer. This property had multiple offers and the information on the listing said Highest and best was due at 9:00 am 1/22/2013.