Schools in Lower East Side>Question Details

Tiff, Other/Just Looking in Bronx, NY

is lower east side a good place to raise a family?

Asked by Tiff, Bronx, NY Tue Feb 15, 2011

Answers

6
Depending on your needs, the area is good and has c hnged over the years for the better, most of the properties are 5 story building, but new condos have been developed.
Tiff

A good source for information on NYC public schools is http://www.Schools.NYC.gov

My advice is to send time in the neighborhood, walk around, visit the stores, ect. to decide what you are comfortable with.

Good Luck.

David Callaghan
917-747-5528
Since real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods consider researching the area on your own to make sure your comfort level can be reached before making any purchase.
Hi Tiff,
We as real estate agents cannot answer this question, but you can do what is required to make sure that you and your family are in the best environment possible. Take some time to go into the area you are interested in, walk around and when you see other parents and nanny's, approach them and ask them what their thoughts are on the community. I also recommend you google the location and find various testimonies informing you of the neighborhoods affairs. Definitely visit the school your children may be attending. Best wishes.
Don't think a real estate agent can answer this question 100%, they can certainly give you an opinion about the neighborhood. I think you should do your own research about the neighborhood, schools, crime...etc. I personally have not had families looking into LES to start or raise a family. That doesn't mean it won't work for you. Walk around the neighborhood & look around, ask shop owners...etc. Good luck
Tiff,
This is not a question a real estate agent can legally answer. However, I would suggest you visit the community, check with the police precinct for crime stats, and research the schools and community resources.