Schools in 70121>Question Details

Rainwitch6, Home Buyer in Jefferson, LA

is it a safe area?

Asked by Rainwitch6, Jefferson, LA Fri Oct 12, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 70121

Answers

4
No place in N.O. is safe. I hear the sounds of police sirens every night. At least once a week I hear the sound of gunfire. This is near Tulane University -- definitely not a safe area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 22, 2012
Yep. Garden district is safe
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
Get in your car and drive around. The feeling of security is different for each of us, what I accept as a secure place may be different than you.

Drive through the neighborhoods, look for tale tale signs, bars on windows and doors, debris, junk cars, homes in disrepair.. also look at the neighboring apartment complexes...if those complexes house alot of section 8 tenants, chance are there is more crime, ( sorry, just the facts )
Jefferson is a wonderful place to live and raise a family. Like any area you are interested in purchasing a home, I suggest that you call the local sherriff''s office for information on the area.