Schools in 32539>Question Details

Wyoungjr32, Renter in

is crestview a good place to grow a family?

Asked by Wyoungjr32, Fri Jun 29, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 32539

Answers

6
Crestview is an OK town. There is not much to do in this whole county period; but it's okay if you like the quiet life. There are more churches here than they have stores. There are only 2 main grocery stores that are overpriced and a walmart. The town is so small, they only have one high school, about 3 middle schools, and several elementary schools. If you have kids, there isn't anything for them to do, besides sports at school and they just re-opened up the skating rink recently. They also have a bowling alley on the south end, one post office on the north end, and a little bit of everything else in between. If you are moving from a larger town (300,000+), and love it, you will definately miss it. Although, it is not a big town, you are still convenient to larger towns that are within a 4 hr drive or less (Atlanta, GA; New Orleans, LA; Baton Rouge, LA; Houston, TX (8 hours); Orlando, FL (6 hours)).
South Crestview is good. But as your kids get older I wouldn't send my them to Richberg Middle School or Crestview High School. You have great middle schools 20 minutes South in Niceville like Ruckel MIddle School or Destin Middle School and then one of the best High Schools in the country in Niceville High.
Yes. The people here are salt-of-the-earth good people, if you associate with the folks that you work and go to church with. I love that the general values here are those of traditional, God-fearing, moral people. There is practically a church on every corner, and as long as you don't live in one particular run-down neighborhood, the crime rate is very low. Even the drivers on the road are polite! I have always felt safe here, and I have lived here since 1991. The schools may not have a 10 rating, but the kids in general are not punks, bullies, skinheads, or goths. You can send your child to public school without guilt. Also, some of the larger churches have very active programs for the youth. It is not too far from the beaches and shopping of Destin and Fort Walton, but property prices are much lower. And Pensacola is only 55 miles away, about a 45 minute drive via I-10. There are plenty of restaurants in Crestview and a brand new cinema complex. I recommend this town highly.
no, i have lived here all my life, and i dont give a damn what these agents say...its a horrible place...where you see teachers from daycares dragging children around and every other person that lives down your street does meth, bathsalts or spice, where cops are dirty. this is NOT a place you want to raise your family. agents lie, to sell and make money of course!!!
If you want to base your choice on schools, then Niceville has the BEST schools though. All the grade levels (elementary, middle and high school) have Great School Ratings of either a 9 or a 10. The middle school in Crestview is an 8 and the High School is a 7.
Great place. Crestview has some of the top rated schools in the state and the nation.