Schools in Bay View>Question Details

Higherself201, Home Buyer in Chesapeake, VA

is bay view safe?

Asked by Higherself201, Chesapeake, VA Thu Jun 9, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Bay View

Answers

5
GM,

I am new to the Hampton Roads area, and I have had my fare share of Renters Walk-Thru!! In my opinion, the best way to judge the area or even get the feel for the neighborhood, is to drive through at night and check out the scenery!! Speaking from experience!! Hope this has help in any way!!
I've lived here for almost 8 years now with my husband and three children (12, 5 & 2). We have never had any major incident at our home or with any of the kids at school. My kids LOVED Bay View Elementary. That being said, I think it's hard to rate the entire neighborhood as one. Like most areas, you've got a couple streets that fall a little out of the norm but overall, I like living here. When we purchase anther home, it will be in Bay View. Happy hunting!
Good morning. Check with your local police department's respective precinct and get online and you can review the City's crime data and history by neighborhood. As professional Realtors - that's our final answer!

Good luck to you. Wayne Goodman

wayne.goodman@longandfoster.com
I would check with the local police department, either see if they have a crime map or call the local station closest to the home you are looking to purchase. As Realtors we cannot answer this question.

That's a question only you can answer with due diligence on your part. I don't feel "crime" sights work that well, but you certainly can look up the neighborhood on those. If you have a particular house or apartment in mind, then I would knock on doors and ask your future neighbors! Streets in Norfolk can change very quickly as to character, even in the Bayview and Ocean View areas.
Hope that helps some!
KK German, Wainwright Real Estate