Schools in 60525>Question Details

Kelly_14, Other/Just Looking in La Grange, IL

is 60525 a good place to live?

Asked by Kelly_14, La Grange, IL Wed Sep 21, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 60525

Answers

5
Kelly

In the event that you are still interested in living in the La Grange area. Check the Village websites and try to attend a number of activities that La Grange has coming up in the near future. There are wonderful restaurants, shops and various specialty shops, for example Art, Candies, Food and Wine.
I have lived in this area since childhood and DT La Grange has always been the hot spot.

If you have any additional questions please contact me at maureen.barrett@bairdwarner.com

Best of Luck

Maureen Barrett
Broker Baird Warner-La Grange
60525 is the zip code for several towns. The Village of La Grange, The City of Countryside, The La Grange Highlands and The Village of Indian Head Park. There is a broad range and variety of housing in these towns! The common aspect of these towns is they are all in the Lyons Township High School District (204). (My eldest is in college now and he says everyone, everywhere, knows "LT'.) All have great grade schools and junior highs, both public and private. The closest Catholic high school, Nazareth Academy, is in La Grange Park
Since you live in La Grange, you should know about the busy downtown shopping and dining district, and some of the area housing. However, what makes a place "a good place to live" is very subjective. I moved here in 1990, I am raising my kids here. I've been in Real Estate here since 1994 and worked in local schools. I have met the most wonderful people since moving here. We are a great community that you and your family will find is very friendly and old fashioned in it's values. I always say, living here is like living in "Mayberry". If I can be any assistance with you search, please contact me at frangriffin@realtor.com. Fran Griffin, Broker/Owner, Griffin Real Estate
Hi Kelly,

My husband and I moved to La Grange over 14 years ago and started our family here - we love it! It has so much to offer in terms of shopping, dining, convenient transportation (Metra, expressways & both airports) and highly regarded schools. So "yes" - I beleive it's a great place to live!

I'll post a link with this reply to an article about La Grange - referencing Chicago Magazine voting it as the "Best Downtown". If that link doesn't appear with this reply you can also find it via the "Local News" link on on my website http://www.CathyBier.com.
As a former resident ( I grew up there) I would consider LaGrange a central location with close proximity to both expressways, providing easy access to the city as well as western suburbs. In addition to its location, it offers a thriving downtown area rich in restaurants, shopping, salons, boutiques and even a theatre. Some of the streets are lined wirh historical homes boasting with character, while others are still cobblestone. You might google LaGrange, as I recall seeing an entire article on Lagrange- singing its praises and providing much acknowledgement. I am sorry though I don't recall the name of the magazine. I agree with the other Realtor, best you check out the website to get clear statistics regarding schools
If you are interested in assessing the quality of schools in ZIP code 6025, I recommend this website: http://www. href="http://iirc.niu.edu." target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://iirc.niu.edu. It offers a variety of metrics to compare different schools and districts. The ratings are based on Illinois standardized tests.