Schools in 11702>Question Details

Rachelmladen…, Home Buyer in Babylon, NY

i want to know if 11702 is a good place for raise a teenager?

Asked by Rachelmladenovic, Babylon, NY Sat Nov 17, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 11702

Answers

6
The answer is a subjective one. Everyone wants different things for their children. I just happened to luck out and buy a hoouse in Babylon Village and I can tell you how I feel as a mom, not as an agent. I have a ten year old son who has an attention deficit disorder and he is in a program in Babylon that I couldn't be more thrilled with. His teachers call me on my cell every once in awhile to give me personal updates and they tailor his education to his behavior. He has now found his nitch in karate after trying several other after school activities over the years and he is marching forward working out three times a week with a smile on his face. He also seems to care about coming to school prepared more than less. My younger daughter ( the 8 year old brains of the family) has blossomed into a beautiful butterfly here in Babylon. I know she will continue to blossom with the help of her parents , teachers, and all this beautiful community has to offer. In answer to your question, again, it is taking advantage of what the community has to offer, being there for them and being proactive in their lives. Babies, children and teens know when they are loved and behave accordingly most of the time. Speak to a few of the wonderful agents who answered your question and chat with them about what your goals are in a move. We may have other ideas for you and best of all, most of us live in the general area.

Andra Matera
917-750-9855
I think you'd have a pretty good chance...I raised two in the same zip code, and I think they turned out okay! You can contact me directly if you should have any further questions!

Joanne L. Schloen
Branch Manager
Coach Realtors
463 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795
631-587-1700
jschloen@coachrealtors.com

there are no good places,on earth,to raise a teenager....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
you sir,are awesome..
Flag Sat Feb 8, 2014
Hi Rachel, I've worked with buyer who ask similar questions. Drive around the neighborhood, speak with the residents, research the school district and call the 1st precinct in West Babylon for crime info. If you know of anyone in the area, speak with them too.

I work directly in the Babylon area so if you need help call me 631-703-0201

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 17, 2012
The question is subjective, therefore if unfamiliar with the area, why not simply take the time and revisit more than once and at different times of day; check out all that is important to you, possibly chat with locals, etc., then determine if your comfort level can be reached....
That is a very broad question. You should choose a neighborhood based on your needs and lifestyle. Realtor's cannot comment on the "desirability" of an area. You should complete your own due diligence. Speak with residents, check local precincts for crime statistics, etc.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you all the best,

De Vonte Williamson , LSA
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
(631)384-3695
http://cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
http://devontesellsny.wordpress.com/
DeVonte.Williamson@cbmoves.com
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!