Schools in Riverdale>Question Details

nadia2211, Renter in Riverdale, Bronx, NY

i am a single parent with a three year old, looking for a good neighborhood to raise him, is Riverdale a good neighborhood

Asked by nadia2211, Riverdale, Bronx, NY Tue Apr 3, 2012

Answers

9
As a Realtor, we can not state any opinion on any areas. The opinion that matters is yours. The best way is to research the area yourself. Property sharks is a good website to learn the details and demographics of any area. Facebook is a good place to ask if anyone lives in the Riverdale and if they have any input, negative or positive. I encourage you to visit the schools, businesses, etc. Whatever area you decide, I will be more than happy to work for you as your Buyers Agent!

Hope Coniglio
Associate Broker
Exit Realty Search
718-790-9191
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 4, 2012
Hope gave amazing advice
Flag Mon Mar 31, 2014
Finally the TRUTH is spoken
Flag Mon Mar 31, 2014
Riverdale has VERY high car insurance as we are blessed with lots of break ins and car thefts and parking around Skyview is worse then Manhattan

There are section 8 tenants in some of the building located in 10471 which helps keep he property value from sky rocketing

Also many non licensed contractors are known for ripping the elderly off with shoddy workmanship

There are many unscrupulous real estate low lives that tell people 10463 is "South Riverdale" when it is actually kingsbridge

They may as well lie and say Southern Yonkers is upper north Riverdale

Just look at all the apartments for sale in Skyview and then ask yourself "WHY"

Many of my accounts cannot sell thir homes and have been on th market for years because of the "Spread the wealth" and "tax the wealthy" no incentive to buy in a once great area
Dear Nadia,

Riverdale is a great neighborhood to bring up a child. The school system is well known. P.S. 24 Elementary is in the top ten of all of the boros. There are Charter Schools and private schools. Riverdale Country and Fieldston are reknown. Mt. St Vincent and Manhattan College is in Riverdale.

I sold to a Hedge Fund execuative so that his son could attend Fieldston.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at Foxworth Realty, 212-368-4902 if youor would like for me to assist you in finding a home. have additional questions.

Very truly,

Eugenia Foxworth
Fantastic. Give me a call. I have a few great places I would like to show you.

Andre C. Hatchett
914-325-4039
As a parent and a resident of Riverdale, I am happy to raise my family here. My friends and colleagues share my views as well. I encourage you to come check out Riverdale for yourself and tour around. Do you own research on the public schools and decide for yourself if Riverdale is right for you.

Nonetheless, I would be happy assist you with your home search.

Ron

Ron M. Reitman, AICP
Licensed Sales Associate
Exclusive Properties Sotheby's International Realty
t 718. 513. 5822
ron.reitman@epsothebysrealty.com
http://www.sothebysrealty.com
Riverdale in general has many activities geared towards families and in particular towards children. There are a plethora of parks with playgrounds that cater to children from infants through teens, several public libraries, and never a shortage of community activities geared towards kids. If you pick up a copy of the Riverdale Press or the Riverdale Review, 2 of our local newspapers, you will see many of these listed, and this will give you a much better idea. I have lived in Riverdale for years and am raising my own child here. Anna Brocco is correct when she says that we as real estate professionals cannot steer anyone towards one place or another or tell you that one place is "better" than another. The links she listed are good resources. But if the characteristics I mentioned above lead you to believe that this is a "good area" for you, and has what you want, you ought to investigate it. I suggest that you bring you child up here on a nice weekend and have him play in one of the parks such as Paul's Park on Kappock and Independence (South Riverdale), the playground on W 235th and Douglas Avenue adjacent to PS 24 (Central Riverdale), or the playground on Mosholu Ave and 255 street (North Riverdale). There you can meet and speak first hand to other parents with children your age and find out first hand from a parent as opposed to a realtor. If you need further guidance, feel free to email or call me, as I have sold many homes here over the last 7 years and currently have a couple of entry-level priced apartments for sale as well as for rent. Good luck!
Mark Weitzman
Prudential Douglas Elliman Realty
mweitzman@elliman.com
I have no idea why Manor Park comes up next to my name... I do real estate in Manhattan, Riverdale, and parts of Brooklyn.
Flag Tue Apr 3, 2012
A good neighborhood should be defined and dictated by personal preferences, financials, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc.; therefore do visit the area(s) of interest more than once and at diifferent times of day; then choose the neighborhood where your comfort level can best be reached. Keep in mind that opinions are oftentimes subjective, what may be good for one, may not necessarily be the case for another. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods. For school information see links below...
http://www.schooldigger.com/
http://www.greatschools.org/
https://reportcards.nysed.gov/
http://www.homefair.com/
Yes, Riverdale is considered one of the best neighborhoods in the Bronx.
Hi Nadia,

Legally, no realtor can opine on the "quality" of any particular neighborhood. I can say, however, that Riverdale has some of the best schools in all of New York City. Hope that helps.

David Rodriguez
david.rodriguez@pantigagroup.com
718.451.6859