Schools in Eagle>Question Details

Sarahsbabies, Home Buyer in Eagle, ID

how old is Eagle Elementry and if living in the boundries of this school how hard is it to transfer to a different elementry school?

Asked by Sarahsbabies, Eagle, ID Wed Mar 21, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Eagle

Answers

3
Sharon gave good insight as to the age. Part of the issue with transferring to another elementary school is transportation and friends. Even if they approve the transfer, your children will have to be dropped off and picked up without the help of a school bus. Then, all the friends in their neighborhood will end up at a different school and most kids don't like that. At that age, they are more interested in friends than academics or sports. ;)
My kids really enjoyed Eagle Elementary. The principal and teachers there were great. I don't know how old it is, but I think it is a magnet school so I wouldn't think transferring to another school would be a problem.
Eagle Elementary School of the Arts is located on Eagle Rd. and is split into two different buildings, one on the upper hill and the second below the hill. The school on the upper level was built around the 1959 and has been added onto and remodeled through the years. The lower level was the original high school in Eagle back in 1910. It was later used as Eagle Junior High. Of course it has been remodeled over the years and brought up to building standards. They are my old alma mater. There is an elementary school not far from this site which is Eagle Hills Elementary. What I would do is contact the district office and find out what the district policy is about going to a school outside of your area. There are many students who are in certain school boundaries that go to the magnet schools which are outside of their boundaries. I am sure they can answer any question you might have. They would be the experts in this area.