Schools in Temple>Question Details

J. Carter, Other/Just Looking in Austin, TX

how much influence does the school have on Christian values and teachings?

Asked by J. Carter, Austin, TX Mon Feb 9, 2009

If a student has been saved and baptized and raised in the church until approx. age 7 and then is not exposed to worship, .what influence could this school have in renewing and continuing spiritual growth in an almost 12 year old child, as well as providing an education for him/her?

--
This question is about Central Texas Christian School: http://www.trulia.com/schools/TX-Temple/Central_Texas_Christ…

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Temple

Answers

2
I have had both of my daughters in Central Texas Christian School starting when they hit PK4. One has now graduated and the second is a junior in high school. CTCS does have excellent academic results with average standardized test scores significantly higher than all other public schools in the area and also a very strong athletic and fine arts program. Yes, the kids get to learn Bible verses and have chapel each Wednesday which is led by the CTCS praise band and typically features a speaker from the community. The teachers, administration and involved parents generate a very loving and supportive atmosphere.

All that is great, but what CTCS does best is to fold biblical teaching into the classroom every day. This gives the students knowledge of God's impact and relevance in the world around them. When a biblical world view is fully matured in a student's life, they have a filter that they can run decisions through for the rest of their life. Many times in life when they are all alone, with no parent or pastor to ask, they will have to reach way down inside themselves and make a life changing decision. A biblical world view lets them make that decision based on God's word rather than on emotion or what their friends are telling them. As a father raising two teenage girls, I am blessed that my girls are showing me that God's direction is the basis of their decisions. They are not perfect. None of us are. But I can definitely see the impact that all the years of CTCS have had on the choices they have made.

Chris Thornton
I think that a 12 year old is still easy to influence. If he/she is surrounded by other Christian children and teachers, there is a huge influence. I personally don't have any children in that school, but i do have a few friends that have kids there. I believe it's never too late for a child to get into Church or "back" into Church. Once they are surrounded by other 12 year olds, it will be easy to fall back into Worship. Also, from what i understand, the school itself is great. The kids learn alot, not only about Christ, but also the Academic levels are high. I hope this helped!!