Schools in 12550>Question Details

Joanne Gonza…, Home Buyer in Newburgh, NY

how is the commute to the city?

Asked by Joanne Gonzalez, Newburgh, NY Tue Feb 28, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 12550

Answers

3
You can get commuter bus passes for less than $90 for 20 trips, 10 round trips at Port Authority. These are good for 20 days. At off peak, you can get a direct bus, which will get you from NYC to Newburgh in an hour. Generally it takes 1.5-2.5 hours to get from Newburgh to NYC.
By the train its 72-85 minute train ride to Grand Central.
It is pretty direct. Newburgh is very close to the interstate. I am not sure about peak travel time, as I travel during off peak, but it takes about an hour and a half to an hour and 45 minutes with no traffic when you take I84 to the Taconic. You can also take I84 to I87 and take that striaght down. It also depends on where in the city. Take into consideration though that during the winter you have to factor in a longer travel time due to the weather. It is a pleasant drive. I have never done it personally, but there is a train station just across the river in Beacon that goes into the city. I do not know what the commuter rates are, but that might be a good option.