Schools in Belle Chasse>Question Details

jbourg, Home Buyer in Marrero, LA

does this area flood during hard rains? did it flood for ISAAC?

Asked by jbourg, Marrero, LA Thu Feb 28, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3086949033-215-Riverbend-Dr-B…

Answers

1
Hello! I am from Belle Chasse but currently live in Baton Rouge. Belle Chasse sits on slightly higher ground than the areas north and south of it (including New Orleans to the north and the rest of Plaquemines Parish, of which Belle Chasse is a part, to the south. It does not normally flood during hard rains and it did not flood during Isaac. The exceptions would be streets that have low-lying centers and are located in South Belle Chasse. I grew up just past the base (Belle Chasse Joint Reserve Base/Naval Air Station) and I can remember maybe two times ever that our street flooded but it never even came close to our house/upper yard. I only know of one or two streets that flooded during Katrina and they were even farther down the road, in or near the Jesuit Bend area. We lived (and my parents still live) right across from the levee (maybe two to three football fields away) and never had any problems. Belle Chasse was almost completely spared from Katrina...my parents lost an old pecan tree they hated anyway, two roof shingles, and half a fence board. This is a great area to live! Out of all of the GNO area, I would say it is probably the safest spot to live to avoid hurricane-related damage and flooding.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 29, 2013