Schools in 22102>Question Details

Annie Shields, Renter in 48823

do i need a agent to help to rent a condo in MClean area.?

Asked by Annie Shields, 48823 Sat Apr 23, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 22102

Answers

7
Annie,

The answers provided here may be more clear if you can clarify your question -- are you trying to find a condo to rent for yourself . . . or do you currently own a condo that you would like to rent out and secure a tenant for?
If the second question is correct, I would stand by my previous answer.
If your question is that you are looking for a condo to rent for yourself, some of the other respondents below have addressed that. I would add that with the assistance of an agent, you also will not be going into a situation "blind" -- i.e., if you go to look at anything listed by an individual, be sure to take a friend or someone with you for safety reasons.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 23, 2011
My colleagues below give some quality answers. One point however, which may be the most valuable is being overlooked. THE LEASE. If you are the tenant..you want a lease that may be structured a bit more in your favor. if you are the owner...then you certainly want a lease structured in your favor as well. This is no different than a purchase/sell contract. It should not simply be a case of fill in the blanks.

Erik J. Weisskopf, ABR,CDPE,CRS,GRI
703.216.1222
Erik@AskMeAboutHomes.com
NO you do not need an agent but this depends on your level of confidency and knowledge.

If you are looking for a place to rent, using a realtor will not cost you a dime and they look after your interest especially when you are signing a lease contract.

If you have a place to rent, once again, a realtor can look after your interest, check credit and background of your future tenants. How much you will pay is negotiatioable yet there is a customery rate of one month rent to seek an agent's help to rent your unitl.

Please let me know if I can help.
Mandy nicksolat
Proplocate Realty- Falls Church VA
VA - Real estate licence
Hi Annie

No, technically you do not need an agent to rent a condo, but it is recommend to get an agent to help you, just like buying a house, an agent can make all the difference. A benefit to using an agent, they do the research and pull up listings and email them over to you, helping to cut down the time it would take you to find a place using such sites as Craig's list. Please feel free to email me know if you need any help with the details of what you are looking for, size, location, etc.

Melissa
mbarkalow@comcast.net
The fee is normally paged by the management company.It shouldn't come out of your pocket
Annie,

Technically, no. You can certainly market it yourself via things like Craigslist or the Washington Post classifieds. On the pro side, DIY will save you some money, because real estate brokerages will charge a service fee, often equivalent to one month of rent. What you will gain by using the services of a broker, however, is the confidence of having someone else screen prospective applicants, ensuring that they are properly qualified (credit checked, employment income verified, previous rental history checked, etc.) . . . plus the convenience factor of leaving it to someone else to show the condo to prospective tenants, which can become time-consuming. In addition, using a broker will expand your marketing, allowing you to reach and advertise the unit to a larger audience. A broker will also be able to advise you in setting the right price, in order to get the condo rented quickly.

I live in that area, so please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of any help.
Web Reference: http://www.pegbell.com
You don't really need one.Is the rental property thru a property management company?But you can use a agent to help you navigate the rental market and show you properties that we have access to in our MLS systems.It will help you get property information faster.