Schools in 21230>Question Details

Ilvmygrls, Other/Just Looking in Baltimore, MD

do i have to have proof of address to enroll my child into a school thats not in my area? i really dont want to send them to school in my area.

Asked by Ilvmygrls, Baltimore, MD Thu Dec 2, 2010

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 21230

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes, you have to show proof of residency. Sometimes though, you can go to the school board and ask for transfer to another school, but there has to be a really good reason for that request. If it is a psychological reason, if other kids are bullying yours in the other school and damaging their confidence - you may be able to get a doctor or psychologist involved to have your child moved to another school. Please keep in mind, this is my personal view on this questions but may not be correct as the rules for that school board may not allow this - but all you can do is ask.
Good luck with everything!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 3, 2010
Yes you will have to show proof of residency. The schools have really cracked down on this in the past years. Problem is, if everyone took their children to schools out of their district, then your going to have over crowding in other schools. That's not really fair to the children, teachers or residents that live in that school district. If your unhappy with the school district that you live in, do something about it. Get involved with the PTA. Try to change the problems and work with the school. If this doesn't work then maybe you need to think about moving to another school district.
Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 3, 2010
Yes, proof of residency is required when enrolling your child.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 3, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer