Schools in French Quarter>Question Details

Eric Jones, Renter in New Orleans, LA

considering it's in the Quarters is it loud all night? It appears it could be far enough away to get some sleep at night

Asked by Eric Jones, New Orleans, LA Wed Sep 18, 2013

This question was asked from http://=www.trulia.com%2Frental%2F3100605286-840-Ursulines-Ave-7-Ne… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.trulia.com/rental/3100605286-840-Ursulines-Ave-7-…

Answers

3
If noise is a concern, I recommend visiting the property at night and on the weekends to determine whether the volume is acceptable to you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 19, 2013
Thanks for the info. I think I'll do just that
Flag Thu Sep 19, 2013
840 Ursulines is around the corner from me. It's a very quiet block. It's very residential, and you get to know your neighbors. Generally, if you are looking between Dumaine and Esplanade, that's the quieter section. If you are in the back of the building off the street or up high, you would be surprised how quiet it can be, even on some of the Bourbon St. blocks. Good luck!
It all depends on where the condo is located in the building...more so than where it is. Living in the Quarter is different block by block, condo building by condo building.

It would be best to establish your budget, then work with a Realtor who knows the Quarter so you can grab a deal when it is out there.

Some streets are more travelled than others... tourists, movie makers and a gumbo of miscellaneous folks constantly flow past your home...as one client puts it...living in the Quarter is like living on a movie set...everyday in everyway there are new actors and scenes in the movie called life in the Quarter. The quarter is not the 7 blocks of noise on Bourbon...it is much more than that.

The quarter is a place where people from all over the world come to live..and rediscover their soul.
I agree I work there so I am familiar with it as business is concerned and the tourism etc... and as the other Broker suggested I will go at night and see if the noise and environment is expectable
Flag Thu Sep 19, 2013