Schools in San Dimas>Question Details

Erik, Other/Just Looking in San Dimas, CA

can i get my ged at this school?

Asked by Erik, San Dimas, CA Tue Mar 31, 2009

--
This question is about Canyon View School: http://www.trulia.com/schools/CA-San_Dimas/Canyon_View_School/

Answers

1
This question was asked over 3 years ago, but since I do know a bit about this school, I thought I'd share some info. or you can contact the school at (909) 670-1599 or email at mannj@mckinleycc.org.
Canyon View School is located within the grounds of McKinley Children's Center, which is essentially a group home funded by the state and largely utilized by LA County Dept of Children & Family Services.
The school also specializes in Learning Disabilities, Emotional/Behavioral problems, Trauma, etc.
They are accredited which means that if you earn your HS Diploma here, it will be valid.
GED is an entirely different story.
GED testing sites are regulated by the dept of Education, and not every school can provide you with the GED. Many schools will offer GED test preparation, however not the actual test.
Attached is a link to the list of virtually all the GED testing sites in California.

Hopefully this answer will help anyone else who might be asking a similar question.
:)