Schools in Greater Heights>Question Details

Kristin Allen, Home Buyer in The Woodlands, TX

best high school

Asked by Kristin Allen, The Woodlands, TX Mon Oct 28, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3135137509-1015-Waverly-St-A-…

Answers

4
Hello Kristin,

Schools are always the priority for families moving into Houston with children. As I have seen with other families, I am quite sure you are also looking at the locations from the commuting aspect as far as work commute goes.

I am quite sure you have found good ratings on several schools through the Houston and surrounding areas, however, a lot depends on what is important within the areas as far as amenities go as well.

Have you looked further out into Katy or Sugar Land?

If I can assist in any way, pleae let me know as well.

Persis
REALM Real Estate Professionals
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
Thanks so much Mike and Carolyn,

I do use the Trulia school sources and find it incredibly helpful. I often find the "good schools" from greatschools.com and then click on "view homes" next to the school of choice in Trulia. But, as far as finding the best schools overall in a certain city, I find this difficult. And Heights surprises me because it has great elementary schools, but not good high schools - according to greatschools.com. It looks like if you live in the Heights, you will be driving your kids somewhere in the city to a charter or private school for 9-12. Anyway, still in the researching phase of our possible relocation to Houston - but I know if we do make the move, our home will be determined a lot by the schools. Thanks, again!
Kristin,

If you want the best schools for your children to attend, then you need to identify those schools before you start looking for your next home. Some listing agents do NOT show the names of the schools (not sure why? It is known information!) You can visit the area schools website and plug-in the address of any home and that should tell you what schools the homel is zoned to.

We can customize a home search by schools (or by map zones) that way you already know the homes your viewing are zoned to those schools of interest!

We have a great report from the Houston Chronicle that breaks down every school in the Houston 33 school district area. I can send the PDF file to you if you are interested. I also have other school information on my web site. http://www.markknowshouston.com/res_list.php?cat=12285&c…

I work the Heights area with buyers all the time and can discuss with you much about the area. Let us know if we can help.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
The HAR.com listing shows that this home is zoned to the Reagan High School which is in HISD.

If you go to the Trulia listing and scroll to the bottom, then go to the Schools tab and click the drop down and go to HIGH SCHOOLS, you will see Reagan and other schools in the area, further down are some Private schools with their rankings.

Check out my website for more School rankings, send me a message if you would like to see this or any other home