Schools in Chicago>Question Details

Nicey, Renter in Chicago, IL

are your diplomas regular high school diplomas?

Asked by Nicey, Chicago, IL Thu Jan 13, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Chicago

Answers

5
Evelyn Fred - (773) 981-2005’s answer
Hi Nicey,

It is not a diploma at all. It's a State regulated license. We are governed by the IDFPR, Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation, formerly OBRE, Offices of Bank & Real Estate.

After 45/hours of classroom education you will then be require to take a state exam that includes local real estate regulated/related law as well as national. If you fail the exam you can take it up to another 2x, without having to repeat your classes.

If you fail all 3 times, then you will be required to repeat the classroom instructions.

Hello Nicey:

The laws on the education needed to become a Realtor® in Illinois are currently changing. I can only speak for myself. I went to school at Harper College and then took a test to be come a licensed real estate agent nearly four years ago.

Real Estate Career Preparation and Licensing

But how do you begin a successful real estate career? Start by making sure you have what it takes to succeed. The next step depends on the state in which you live. Every state has its own licensing process, so it's imperative that you take the time to contact your state's real estate commission and get up-to-date information about licensing procedures

Depending on the state you live in, your real estate commission may require any or all of the following:

Age requirement (Usually 18 years of age.)
Residency (Do you live in the state?)
Education (A set number of hours in real estate training, plus pre-license and final exams.)
Experience (Sales person experience, college degree, etc.)
Clean criminal records (No convictions. Possibly expunged convictions.)

Once you have a better understanding of what your state requirements are, you'll be better prepared to select a real estate school to fit your needs. Information taken from : http://www.online-education.net

Good Luck! I hope that this helped.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 13, 2011
Hi Nicey,

No they are not regular high school diplomas. A Realtor's license is regulated by the Illinois Department of Federal & Professional Regulation agency. In order for a citizen to be a realtor, he/she has to be over 21, take several hours of education and pass a state regulated test. If this is a career option you are considering, I'd welcome the opportunity to sit with you and answer any and all of the questions you have so you can make the best decision for you and your career.
Hi Nicey,

Although, it may be true that you need a college diploma to become a realtor. Many of my colleagues come to this field with a range of degrees, Phd, MA, BA. The majority of the people I work with are highly qualified, market experts with years of experience.