Schools in Muskegon>Question Details

Felicia, Other/Just Looking in Harvey, IL

Would my son be better off going to HS in Michigan or Illinois?

Asked by Felicia, Harvey, IL Fri Apr 20, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Muskegon

Answers

1
Depends, on where at in either place, some places have taken a big hit over here in MI. My daughter's school has already taken several cuts almost to the point where they eventually won't have to worry about selecting electives. With that said I live in a small community, very small. East Grand Rapids has really good schools, but it can be pricey. Not sure about IL. Look at the school that he will be attending, what are you looking to obtain or what are you looking to exclude...Clicks, excessive exposure to the wrong type of exposure, a fresh start, a smaller class size for more undivided attention...Several things to consider. Each school has a report card that is viewable to the public. When we moved to MI from TX my daughter was severely behind & I have to give it to the teachers of RRO in Montague. They took her in & she is an A/B student with a gpa of 3.5 ish.