Schools in 30327>Question Details

Michelle, Other/Just Looking in Buckhead, GA

Would I find a decent 4 BR/4BA single family home around the Westminster school area in Buckhead below 750K?

Asked by Michelle, Buckhead, GA Sun Mar 15, 2009

0 votes Share Flag Schools in 30327

Answers

9
Hi Michelle,

My wife is a teacher at Westminster. It seems that I'm kind of late in answering this question. However, is it possible that would you be interested in a 3BR/2BA home less than 5 minutes from Westminster?
Michelle,
You got a lot of great response on this. I also live in the Vinings area so know it well. You have many options and I would be happy to set you up to receive listings in the area when they first hit the market or when a price drops. The good new is that you actually could find a great home for less than $750K. Vinings Proper is great because of lower Cobb County taxes and lots of great shops and restaurants nearby as well as Cumberland Mall. It is also inside 285 and very close to the city and right at Buckhead. There are parts of Smyrna that are excellent options as well. I would be happy to help and I offer a rebate to my buyers at up to about 1.5% of the sales price. You can learn more at http://www.duffyrealtyofatlanta.com
Caroline Gamma Duffy Realty 404-668-9167
By all means you can find a house in that price range. As indicated by others, what you mean by "around" Westminster is key here. My son went to Lovett and several of his friends went to Westminster. Living close to the school is a definite advantage as they get older and more involved in after school activities. I'd love to help you out. Just give me a call 404-819-0591.

~Carol
Yes. I live in Vinings and went to Lovett, but my two sons went to Westminster after attending The Trinity School. You do have options as has been previously identified. If we can help, let me know.

Take care.
Sure you can Michelle - There are some on the market right now, as pointed out below, and more to come, as this is the time when lots of people put their homes on the market for the spring season.

Call me at 770-633-7576 and we can set up a time to view some or all the available homes.

Ed Francell
Prudential Georgia Realty
Michelle,

I did a quick map grid search in the immediate area near Westminster and depending on your terms (all cash, no closing costs paid by seller, clean and simple offer) I believe that there are 3 very "decent" houses that you could attempt to purchase for $750,000.

2 of the 3 sellers have been on the market for a substantial time, and in spite of their "price reduction" histories, these sellers are probably the closest to being your possibility, but I don't think that you'll be able to get much less than $750,000.

Would you invest and mortgage more than $750,000 for the right property?

David's answer is great advice, and depending on your definition of "around" I would add Tuxedo Park, Meadowbrook, Buckhead Forest, Chastain Park and about 8 other sub-neighborhoods of Buckhead.

Hank is right about the foreclosure market, but the inventory near Westminster is few and far between.

If you go across I75 to the West and toward Vinings or along the Moores Mill corridor, you add a lot more choices.

Go make some seller happy
Hi Michelle,

You have options up to 750K. I have friends with kids there and we see many of their sports teams throughout the year for games, not every parent lives right in that area of Buckhead.

Your options obviously include the Buckhead area but you can also consider jumping into the Vinings area of Cobb or into Sandy Springs; both areas will stretch your house buying dollar. The down side is a slightly longer drive but unless you plan to live with the headmaster you'll be driving anyway. I believe there is also a shuttle bus system available for the kids.

As far as homes available, I can assure you that you can find a nice home at and below 750K. I say that as an appraiser that sees many of these as they begin the "foreclosure spiral". Despite the idea that everyone in this area bleeds green, there are many that are so overleveraged that they cannot absorb a financial bump and they begin to spiral; there are buys out there you just need to be ready to pounce when they pop because they're here today and gone tomorrow.

I'm droning on as usual...I can get you pointed in the right direction with a bit more information from you, I'm happy to offer suggestions, my info is below.

Hank Miller, SRA, ABR
Associate Broker & Certified Appraiser
Prudential GA Realty
678-428-8276
Mainly in Garden Hills and Peachtree Park. Nothing else much in that price range in Buckhead Near West Paces Ferry RD but there's an occasional "sleeper". That would be a touch one. It just depends how close you need to be to Westminster School. Let me know if you would like for me to send you what is for sale in that area in that price range.

David Brower, Assistant Manager/Realtor
Crye-Leike Realtors
678-982-9600
david@davidwbrower.com
Web Reference: http://www.davidwbrower.com
As the owner of RMR a home staging business in Buckhead since 2002 I have had the pleasure of working with dozens of Realtors. Interestingly enough one of the benefits of working with them is you really get to know who does an exceptional job. As a seller and buyer over the years one of the most challenging experiences has been to select the right Realtor but that was before owning RMR. I can help you find your answer by recommending a couple of agents I know who not only trust the multiply listing service to find properties. These agents are exceptional and can help you if what your asking for exists.

Hanne Marie
Re/Max Greater Atlanta

Rene Hutchinson
Keller Williams Realty Peachtree Battle

Debra Brown
Keller Williams Realty Brookhaven

Good luck and I hope this helps. If you require additional contact information please do not hesitate to email me.
Web Reference: http://www.rmr-usa.com