Schools in Caldwell>Question Details

Kendra Lund, Renter in Caldwell, ID

Why is Washington Elementry school rated so low?

Asked by Kendra Lund, Caldwell, ID Sun Apr 8, 2012

I'm looking at houses for rent in this area, and I'm concerned about the low rating for this school. My son will start Kindergarden in the fall.

0 votes Share Flag Schools in Caldwell

Answers

2
The ratings come from test scores. 30%-40% of the student body is hispanic. Since many don't speak english in the home it is tougher for them to get the good scores. My kids (4) went to Washington, all graduated (or will graduate) from CHS either first or second in their respective classes, all went (or will go) to a major University on a full academic scholarship. Test scores on ACT, SAT for my kids were awesome. We have great teachers at Washington, and other schools here in Caldwell. But we will never compete for rankings because our community is so heterogenous. We especially like the mix of friends our kids have. As you know, that is priceless.
I pulled up the school on GreatSchools.com and found their explanation.

http://www.greatschools.org/modperl/achievement/id/133

Keep in mind, a lot of a child's success if based on their support at home, not just the school or their teachers. Since you appear to care, I bet your child would do better as a result!

Also, remember averages are made up by "averaging the extremes" so take with as guidelines, not as gospel.

With the low housing prices in that area, you can probably buy for less than rent and we can get many sellers to help pay for the buyer's closing costs so I can get many of my clients into a home of their own for less than they would typically pay in a rental deposit too.