Chase, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

Why does this go to three schools much further away. Why not Doss, Murchison, then Anderson? All three schools are closer and 'better' ranked

Asked by Chase, Austin, TX Sat Jul 7, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3084881120-4857-Twin-Valley-D…

Answers

5
Boundary Lines can change if you are planning for younger children. You can also request a transfer, but there would not be any bus service. Neither of these things should be counted on as transfers will not be allowed if schools are at capacity, and the boundary lines are too difficult to predict.

I do a lot of work in the area for families requesting both Doss and Highland Park. My wife is a school teacher, and they are both great schools. Please let me know if you would like any additional information on Cat Mountain or have your own personal website set up for only available homes that are zoned for a particular school.

Feel free to contact me anytime.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588
I have lived in thea area most of my life. Highland Park Elementary, a Blue Ribbon school too is also quite close to this neighbor hood. When drawing school boundaries they havae to look at the capacity of the school. Certain elementary schools then track to certain Middle schools which then track to certain high schools.

Yes, Anserson & Murchison are much closer to the Cat Mountain area, but they pull from further north and their boundaries create capacity. There is no AISD middle & high school to serve those further north communities. To change all of the Cat Mountain area to go to those schools would create crowding.

The last street in Northwest Hills to go to Doss,Murchison, Anderson is Cat Mountain Drive. Everything past that towards 2222 goes to Highland Park, Lamar, McCallum.
As mentioned, there are many factors involved with define school campus boundaries, one of which is distance. In this particular situation it appears all of the homes in this subdivision go to the same schools.

If you are looking for a home that goes to a specific school, I would recommend you visit our website, http://www.homecity.com. Our website is one of the only public websites that allows you to search by school campus.

If you need any assistance feel free to call us, our customer service team will be happy to assist you with our website and if you would like put you in contact with one of our agents well versed in the area(s) that you are most interested in.

We can be reached at 512-502-8900. Good luck finding your perfect home.
Some of our county lines and district lines get a bit funky in Northwest Austin. I live in Avery Ranch and depending on where you are in Avery, Brushy Creek, Cedar Park there are several schools you can be assigned to. The city of Austin frequently gets confused who's in charge or water and power in some of these areas if you can believe that!
That is a good question and I'd also be interested to know. Perhaps it's the zip code? From what my friend's with school-aged children tel me the school maps change frequently but I do not know why. I used to live in the Anderson area and Cat Mountain is very close by.

Angele Moyseos
Broker
Vox Real Estate
512.466.8252
acmoyseos@gmail.com