Schools in Champaign>Question Details

Lydia, Home Seller in Champaign, IL

Why does Trulia list the wrong school info for my house?

Asked by Lydia, Champaign, IL Sun Jun 17, 2012

It says my house is near South side elementary school while it is within 1 mile to Vermont Barkstall Elementary School. I think Trulia's computer generated data has some problem.

Answers

3
In Champaign for grade schools it is "School of Choice" and I am sure Trulia does not recognize that. When working with a Realtor that would be disclosed.
Let us know if we can help you.

DeAnna Williams
Team Gauze, Inc.
Coldwell Banker Honig-Bell
deannaw@teamgauze.com
Web Reference: http://www.teamgauze.com
Trulliia generates data with software that does not discern how school systems work or what amenities or conditions of any particular property or the subtle nuances of location that affect value. ie all 3 bedroom houses with 1 bath are the same regardless of condition or whether a 1/2 lot, full lot, busy street, in dire repair or totally tricked out. The site generates data based upon all houses with similar specs must be the same. We know that's not true and why actually viewing them and having the counsel of a Realtor who is boots on the ground is like a mastercard commercial - priceless.
Trullia is an internet generated site. It uses software to produce data without being able to site specific or area specific to generate data.It doesn't know how SOC ( school of choice ) works or perhaps even knows what it is.