Schools in Chapel Hill>Question Details

Jing Zhai, Home Buyer in Campbell Hall, NY

Which high school for the kids at Govener Village

Asked by Jing Zhai, Campbell Hall, NY Sat Feb 16, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3083602150-10040-Ward-Chapel-…

Answers

8
Governor's Village is in Chatham County so they would not be in the Chapel Hill schools but Chatham County ones. The closest to GV is Northwood High at present.
Hello Jing Zhai,

Great to hear you are coming to North Carolina. This is a great place to live especially a great environment to raise kids. I have been living this area for 28 years now and have been enjoying this special "melting pot". You have many choices on schools, public, private, charter, or even a strong home school network.

Many communities in these area are crossing county boarder lines. Many of them have mailing address in one city, but schools or utility service in another city. It has been a challenge for many relocation families to narrow down school choices.

Please let us know if we can offer any help on your relocation.

Jean (Zhihong) Fletcher
Re/Max One Realty
919-607-1931
Hello Jing Zhai; It sound like you have the answer to your question. Northwood is the public high school. Durham and Cary academy would be your prive school. there is also a charter school that is by lottery system. I have worked in Chapel Hill Carrboro city school for many years and raised two succesuful kids in this public school. I still volunter and subbing.
This is a great neighborhood. If you would like additional information about this neighborhood I am happy to provide you with those additional details.
I've been in the business for over 7 years, lived in Chapel Hill for 15+ yrs., I know the area well and it would be my pleasure to assist you in relocating here. Thanks; Faye Kamrani, GRI
I've been in the business for over 7 years, lived in Chapel Hill for 15+ yrs., I know the area well and it would be my pleasure to assist you in relocating here.
Currently the high school is Northwood High on Hwy 15-501 just north of Pittsboro; however, Chatham County is planning for a new high school to serve the areas close to Chapel Hill and Cary. This is many years off as they are still trying to decide on an exact location.
The high school is Northwood which is in Chatham Co. Excellent reputation. There are a number of active listings in the Governors Village/Governors Club area. If I can be of service in anyway, please feel free to contact me.

Fritz Hine
REALTOR/Broker
919-475-5757
hinef@hpw.com
Although Governors Village has a Chapel Hill address, it is located in Chatham County and the districted High School is Northwood. Another option is private schools such as Durham Academy.
Governors Village (despite the Chapel Hill mailing address) is in Chatham County The highschool is Northwood., which is considered the best in Chatham.

I'm headed out in the next 30 minutes for a full day working with buyers but would be happy to help you or answer any questions you might have. There are a lot of listings that show a Chapel Hill mailing address and if you're focused on having your kids in the Chapel Hill school district this can be confusing as you can't judge just by the mailing address.

Feel free to contact me directly through my profile here on Trulia if you'd like to discuss what it is you are ideally looking for. I specialize in buyer side brokering and know the area well.